Olark Reviews

January 23, 2020

Great tool for basic chat communications! Not robust enough for a large corporations needs though.

Likelihood to Recommend

Olark is well-suited as a Live Chat platform for most small businesses and some intermediate-sized businesses. I don't know if we were using their most premium version, but regardless, it was not designed for a large corporation, for reasons mentioned previously. It is not a robust enough platform to scale your business too much. It's great at what it does though, and if I started my own small business and needed to offer live chat support to my customers, I would absolutely think about implementing Olark.
Vivian Vassar | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 19, 2019

Olark Makes it Simple to Chat with Customers in Real Time

Likelihood to Recommend

Olark chat is easy to set up and use. You can have more than one user logged in to monitor the chat on different computers. This makes a fast response time more likely. Although you have to be sure to keep your volume up on the computer so you hear the sound letting you know there's a chat waiting. I like that you can see the customers path through the website and you can put clickable links while you are in a chat to guide the customer to a product or a help page. Plus you can see if they actually went there. This makes it easier to upsell.
Read Vivian Vassar's full review
May 08, 2019

Olark is Okay...

Likelihood to Recommend

Olark is suited well for those that want an affordable option for a live chat solution. Olark is really just "okay" and I'm 100% positive that we can find a better solution for our team's live chat needs. Olark still feels clunky by its limitations. If they were to give us a means by which we could use page breaks and share files with users, we'd be good to go!
Adam Montgomery | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 08, 2019

Chatting Made Easy

Likelihood to Recommend

If you are looking for a turnkey chat live chat solution, then I could not recommend a better tool than Olark. It is so intuitive and useful that your team will be up and running with a chat tool on day one of installation. The installation is also quick and painless.
Read Adam Montgomery's full review
January 31, 2019

Olark for Customers

Likelihood to Recommend

It is a great tool if you are wanting to add it to a website so you can provide quick answers to your clients/customers/guests. I would not recommend it if you don't have a website. If you wanted this for internal use I would recommend a different service. It is quite affordable, so if you want to test it you would not lose much by doing so.
Quinton Myers | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2018

Olark, your household chat platform

Likelihood to Recommend

Olark is well suited for an implementation. The ease of applying their SDK into your website takes minimal effort.

Also, you're able to observe which site your guest is viewing and a trail of sites they've visited prior to engaging the chat.

Their support is superb because they're always courteous and willing to help.
Read Quinton Myers's full review
Luke Ferrel | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 02, 2018

Olark - Cheap and simple. Don't get fancy though....

Likelihood to Recommend

Olar is perfect if you want to have a basic chat channel for incoming volume. If you want to do fancy advanced things I would go with another vendor. If you want something that allows users to click chat support on your website and have a rep support them, Olark is perfect!
Read Luke Ferrel's full review
March 16, 2018

Olark - A must have for your business!

Likelihood to Recommend

If you want to have the option to chat on your company website and keep track of those chats, the customer's satisfaction, your employees' capabilities and the repetition of certain inquiries, Olark can truly help your business. We have 4 employees at any given time dedicated to our chat function during business hours. After hours if offers the option to send our customer service team an email with your question on your behalf. Everyone wins.
Lindsay Bytof | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 13, 2014

Try Olark On a Lark

Likelihood to Recommend

All of my current colleagues use Olark - within my department. If I met someone who was in the same line of work as me who was not currently using Olark - I would highly recommend it for customer service. It's much less taxing than answering live phone lines - but just as direct and immediate. Obviously, the thing I dislike about it most is all of the 11 year old children who decide it's a good idea to 'be an actor' and want advice without their parents' knowledge - that does take up a considerable fraction of our time that you would not encounter over the phone, but it also protects you from dealing directly with stressful customers.
Read Lindsay Bytof's full review
Allison Carlson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 11, 2014

I hope they've added a queue feature

Likelihood to Recommend

It's easy, it's inexpensive, and it integrates nicely into a website's UI. I think the biggest question to ask is whether or not a chat service is needed - though I am personally always pro chat, as I look for it as a consumer on any website. If I don't have to pick up the phone, I'm a happy camper.
Read Allison Carlson's full review
August 16, 2017

Olark gets it done.

Likelihood to Recommend

Olark is great for large websites and giving customers the opportunity to ask quick questions about products
August 09, 2014

Do you want to personally interact with your customer base?

Likelihood to Recommend

I do believe that many customers enjoy the fact that using Olark's Live Chat feature is a way of (more or less) instantly gaining access or insight to questions and further information. In today's overtly connected world, for some individuals, it's much easier to log onto their desktop, laptop, or some other mobile device and seek the help they need - and it seems that many individuals would rather do this than dial a phone number. For example, if a customer asks a very difficult question to answer on the phone, there could possibly be that awkward silence on the other end while you struggle to answer their question or concern. However, with Olark's Live Chat, that lapsed time isn't necessarily an awkward silence, but instead allows you a bit of time to think and respond appropriately.

With regard to well-suited or less appropriate scenarios, I think the most important thing is to know your customer base and traffic flow to your specific site - what exactly do they prefer? What would they like to see in the future? What can you do to help them? How can you provide better customer service, and via what medium?
August 11, 2014

This Little Birdy Says...

Likelihood to Recommend

I think this is well suited for companies that sell products online or are involved in technology and need to offer technical support. I don't think this is best for high touch industries where customers are onsite a lot, but its perfect to help customers make purchases and offer occasional support.

About Olark

Olark is a website live chat tool for engaging website visitors while they browse. It can be used to to track leads, drive sales, provide support.