This Little Birdy Says...
August 11, 2014
This Little Birdy Says...
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Olark
We utilize Olark to provide customer support to visitors on our website. It's a positive asset because it allows us to answer questions online rather than on the phone in our offices, and it occasionally will funnel customers directly toward someone that can walk them through the sales process. Some of our best leads come through Olark chats. We don't have specific departments here, but it is used for sales and customer support.
- I think Olark does an excellent job of making an easy to use product that anyone can pick up in a matter of minutes.
- Olark's overall site design and layout is clean, tasteful and playfully their own. It's easy to find exactly what you need.
- This doesn't have much to do with the actual use of the product, but Olark has built an enduring brand that I find incredibly charming, relatable, and fun. I love their updates on their retreat and the way that they enthusiastically talk about their identity.
- I hate the fact that I can't create the username I want. Olark only has one server and I have a common name. I'm the only Jacob in our office, but because Olark has one central server, I have to be Jacob10 because one of their other clients has that username.
- I wish I could see more information about previous conversations with returning customers. Simply saying "this is a returning customer" doesn't do me much good.
- Certainly better customer service. I know we have a bad site, but I've had customers say we have a great site many times before. I know Olark has something to do with this.
I haven't personally evaluated other sites. Olark is the only one I've used and I like it quite a bit. To this point price and ease of use has given me reason to stay and I don't see that changing.
Olark just works. Its got iPhone like ease of use and I love the fact that I don't have to be trained on how to use it. There are a few things I wish it offered (I would love an option that alerts me when someone is on site, not just when they send something in) but overall this thing gets the job done incredibly well. I have absolutely no reason to leave.
I think this is well suited for companies that sell products online or are involved in technology and need to offer technical support. I don't think this is best for high touch industries where customers are onsite a lot, but its perfect to help customers make purchases and offer occasional support.