Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Siebel CRM
The government has used Siebel CRM (Public Sector) to track activities/applications, run marketing campaigns, and implement business processes according to business policies.
- Siebel clearly separates the data layer, from the business layer, application, and web.
- The navigation and relationship between entities is clear and easy to configure, but it can be improved.
- Siebel CRM as a product is robust, reliable, and easy to configure. The architecture is solid and scalable.
- Components can be added on demand.
- Migrations between environments is one area that could be improved, with tools to compare and move data elements (source vs target).
- Easier ways to identify, through email or a web page, the health of the overall system (components, marketing campaigns, tasks, servers, etc).
- The UI seems to be improved with the newer versions of Siebel, but I believe it requires a lot of new features. It seems that other CRM solutions that are cloud-based are putting a lot of emphasis on the Usability and presentation, things where Siebel may need to catch up...
- It is certainly a robust product that ensures the support of the company’s data.
Oracle CRM is one of the best products in the market to run the company’s data. Nowadays it has a lot of competition since the birth of cloud-based solutions. The flexibility of implementations, UI, easier migration tools and configuration are key elements to determine the position of a product in the market. Let's also not forget about the price of ownership.
Siebel is well suited as an enterprise solution, as it provides the main elements corporations require to support and maintain their data. Siebel CRM is less appropriate to the general public or partners since, in my opinion, the UI needs better presentation.