SignNow Reviews

January 31, 2021
We use it extensively to get engagement letters signed and sometimes use it for tax forms now that the IRS has loosened restrictions due to COVID. It makes the process seamless and easy, giving us multiple ways to restrict entries, add checkboxes and allow for multiple signers.
  • Data validation
  • Multiple signers
  • Checkboxes/radio buttons
  • No sign-in needed by signatories
  • Drag and drop functionality
  • Data validation on checkboxes-like select 2 of the following, select only one.
  • Integration with CRM
Anywhere you need documents signed by clients outside of a web portal. This can be contracts, subscription sign up, tax forms, etc. Probably not useful if you're only getting a few documents signed a year such as employee onboarding.
October 08, 2020
Olivia Capizzi | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SignNow to collect consent documents for surgical patients. It creates a HIPAA compliant way to be paperless in this day and age. We switched from printing paper consents to this method about 1 year ago and will never go back. It enables us to upload their consent forms directly into their medical chart and it allows them to receive a signed copy as well that can be viewed on their phone, tablet, or computer.
  • Compliance
  • Reminders
  • Transparency
  • Long setup
  • Not flexible functionality
  • Hard to share with multiple team members.
SignNow is well suited for a cosmetic surgery practice with a small number of doctors, as it is easily managed by an individual. It would be less appropriate in a hospital, or doctor's office that has multiple physicians as things can become lost in the fold so to speak. It is great for a healthcare practice where patients have time to read through their forms AT HOME. This is likely a nuance that not many practices experience but if so, this is a great way to reduce clutter and paperwork and simplify the experience for patients.
I only used SignNow support when setting up. I uploaded a bunch of documents in the wrong place and needed assistance in moving them. Unfortunately they were not able to move the documents and I needed to upload into a different place. This is where I feel the system itself could benefit from some flexibility for their customers.
Read Olivia Capizzi's full review
March 12, 2020
Gabe Hirsch | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SignNow across our sales team, in an effort to streamline the contractor client on-boarding process. We opened up a second account for our sister company, again, in an effort to streamline the on-boarding of partners. We find it quite helpful, and more reasonably priced than the mainstream alternatives out there.
  • Integrations - We use Zapier to connect SignNow with a few apps.
  • Ease of use - Once set up, it is pretty straightforward to use.
  • Modern website UI and redesign.
  • Not the easiest to search signed contracts for specific contracts, on a per file template basis.
  • Does not allow to send from more than one email. I have a few different email addresses, so I need a new account for each.
  • Does not upload document properly. Will change the layout of an uploaded doc, and spread what was on a single page to two pages... Hard to match from the Word template and what what it will look like on upload.
For a small organization like us, who is looking for a basic and inexpensive option, SignNow does the job. Not too fancy, but I tried a few of the other options out there, and they are either overpriced, or harder to use than SignNow. SignNow has a good bang for your buck, but assume that some of the larger players have more functionality. Could be wrong through! Either way, solid option.
Not really sure. Have not really used SignNow support. I usually end up asking the folks at Zapier, as they have consistent and solid quality customer service, and most issues I run in to are regarding integrations from SignNow to other services. Never really had an issue with SignNow itself.
Read Gabe Hirsch's full review
December 28, 2019
Andy Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SignNow to have new clients sign their professional services agreement with our firm. All of the attorneys in our firm use SignNow. We also occasionally use SignNow to have clients sign other documents, such as settlement agreements or authorizations to allow us to obtain their employment records and that sort of thing.
  • SignNow provides a detailed audit of who signed the document and when and where they signed it.
  • SignNow allows users to customize the email that goes to the signers.
  • I wish there were a way to modify the document once uploaded, but I don't think that's really a big deal.
We use SignNow so that when clients sign up with us, there's very little delay between when we speak to the client and when they are able to sign the contract. It has increased our conversion rate because we no longer have to have clients print a contract, scan it in, and email it back to us.
I have only had to use SignNow's support once, and that was just for a general question (I wasn't having a problem with the product). The response was very timely and very helpful. Other than that, I have not had to contact SignNow's support department because I'm always able to get my questions answered using their online support.
Read Andy Taylor's full review
November 06, 2019
Jon Soucy | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used SignNow weekly and often daily for contract signatures for real estate contracts and other similar documents. This removes the need for paper documents and the need to mail or FedEx them. This is used across our organization and makes it simple for both us as the buyer and the seller to sign the appropriate documents needed to transact our business.
  • It is easy to build a template for frequently used documents that require user input in addition to their signature.
  • It is nice to offer a person the option to forward the signature to another person/user in case the person you sent the document to does not have the authority to sign.
  • It is easy to line up the signature and typed fields, other programs we have used require you to either use trial and error to know where fields line up or to guess.
  • We have had several users report that it is not always easy to sign on a mobile device. Some users have had to try different mobile browsers and others have been unable to sign on their mobile device altogether.
  • Some users that are used to other digital signing apps notice that the pages signed/initialed/filled do not have any certificate markings, SignNow instead has a completely separate page showing the signing history.
For a real estate business that always starts with a purchase and sale contract, this service is a must-have! Long gone are the days of meeting clients in a meeting room and executing documents in person. People's lives are too busy for that so having a reliable digital signing app is an absolute must!
In the few times I had to reach out to SignNow support they have been immediately helpful. There was not an issue that they could not resolve in a timely manner.
Read Jon Soucy's full review
Chris Ammann | TrustRadius Reviewer
SignNow is used to efficiently and quickly have candidates sign offer letters, or for signatures required from employees for HR documents. It solves the problem of having a candidate print, then sign, then scan their offer letters back to us. So the ease of use for our candidates makes it a worthwhile investment for us.
  • It's one of the cheapest services out there for digital signatures.
  • It offers a comprehensive audit trail of when items were signed, and by whom.
  • It's quick, and very easy to use Very nice GUI.
  • I have never been able to get their templates to work correctly, but I know they would save me a lot of time if I used them correctly.
  • Wish I could change the email sent out to candidates permanently, rather than having to change it to each candidate.
We use SignNow for our candidate offer letters, where it helps us to quickly gain a signature from a candidate in a market that is so competitive that at times, the quickest company to get an offer sign will often be the company that makes the hire. It also shows a level of professionalism in presenting your offers.
I've only had to contact support once or twice, but both times my issues were resolved quickly.
Read Chris Ammann's full review
Ryan Spaulding | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used SignNow to sign leases. The software is excellent and intuitive. Up to this point, I have used 3 different eSign software services. SignNow was the best in my opinion. Other software might offer a few more features, however, SignNow was the easiest to use and navigate. I literally needed it to collect some signatures and initials. I didn't need the fancy stuff.
  • Ease of use -- Whether on a computer or using the app, it was easy for me as the sender and easy for the recipient.
  • Intuitive interface -- Most of the time, the recipient of the documents was using SignNow for the first time. I never encountered a situation where they could not figure out how to use the software.
  • Pricing options -- the reason I stopped using SignNow was purely financial. The only option they could provide me was a yearly option. However, I really only need to be able to use the software once a year to send 20 documents. I ended up going to a competitor for per use pricing.
I would recommend SignNow to anyone who wants a solid eSign software.
I have no experience with SignNow support.
Read Ryan Spaulding's full review
Robert Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
Basically every quote and agreement we use at Lennis Design, LLC goes through SignNow.com. We have found it very simple to implement and most of our customers (who are of varying computer sophistication) have no problem using it. When we re-invented our business in 2016 we didn't want to go back to fax machines so SignNow.com gave us the ability to have electronic signatures without the high overhead of their competition.
  • Signing a quote for your phone gets jobs started faster.
  • Automatically exporting PDF and letting me know when the customer has agreed to the quote is very helpful.
  • Having an online repository to re-download executed documents is helpful.
  • Being able to copy document settings would be nice or set-up typical fields (signature/date/etc).
  • Making sure the email invitation doesn't look spammy or get sent to junk mail.
Quotes and any other legal agreements are perfect for SignNow. I've used it to get 1099 contractors to electronically sign NDA's and work for hire agreements so it's very handy to have this ability and lets me do business virtually much quicker than having to deal with a fax machine.
SignNow is easy to use and I've never needed support to get the job done.
Read Robert Brown's full review
Will Paccione | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SignNow whenever we bring on a new client as if puts the signed agreement in one secure place. In the past, we'd have to send a pdf to the client, have them print it, sign it, scan, and then send it back. SignNow streamlines this whole process as well as keeping all agreements in one safe secure place.
  • I found SignNow less expensive than some of the other apps out there.
  • SignNow has an upgraded UX which makes it easier to navigate and add fields in the back end.
  • SignNow makes it easy for the client on the signing side who has never used it before to figure out.
  • They've upgraded their UX but still need a small bit more to go.
  • Templates are something I use quite often but didn't have much guidance on how to set up the first one. I believe they've gotten a bit better, but still a small ways to go.
  • If I remember correctly some clients say it hits their spam folder.
SignNow is great for businesses that sign a lot of agreements and need to have them in one place. It's great for getting documents signed by people who are not in the same physical location. It's also great for businesses that have to frequently go back and pull those agreements since the search function works very well. It's less expensive than it's competitors for the same functionality.
I never needed to call or email SignNow's support team. However, the documentation on a couple of things in the past wasn't great- I don't remember seeing how to setup a template and the specific uses. It may have been there, but not being able to find it easy is the only knock I have on them. It seems to have improved a bit. I haven't looked into the improvements much, which is why I currently have the score as a 9.
Read Will Paccione's full review
Jay Layton | TrustRadius Reviewer
SignNow has become a important tool in training sign in sheets and many other critical documents that require the signature of participants and key players. When I require signatures from team members SignNow makes it easy to send the documents for signatures and track the progress. It truly has made this part of my job easier!
  • Ease of obtaining signatures through simple technology.
  • Safe keeping of all completed documents
  • Record retention making a backup in case of lost files.
  • Instructions on overall use.
  • More access to subject matter experts
Due to my large area that I cover, SignNow makes the obtaining of signatures easier than ever. I can also set up easy reminders for people so that it does not get forgotten. I find the use of SignNow very beneficial for my profession and have recommended it to several of my peers.
When I needed support for SignNow it was all through electronic communication, so there was some lag time in getting a response. However when reaching out to them there was a response that resolved my issues and so it never really phased me on a speedy response. Overall it is not a horrible support system like I have experience with others.
Read Jay Layton's full review
October 23, 2019
Fred Claus | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SignNow as a way to get yearly MSP contracts signed by clients. Our contracts are a standard form that need some blanks filled in based on the client. We use SignNow to fill in those blanks and send it off to the client for signature. Once the signature comes back we sign it, and then SignNow sends both of us a PDF copy for our files.
  • SignNow makes it easy for the client to move through the document. One click per field and the data is there. Sometimes I even just use the tab key.
  • SignNow is easy for me to move through when editing a document for sending. They color code the signers so it's easy for me to see who has to sign where. I can also set up in what order the signers have to sign.
  • SignNow's price is very good as well. What we get from sign now for the price we pay is equal to other companies 3 times the cost.
  • No templates on the free version.
SignNow is a great product for anyone who has paperwork that needs to be signed. No more chasing down clients, and having to worry about scanning signed documents in. It's also legally binding with the signature tracking file that SignNow offers with each document. There really isn't a scenario that SignNow isn't good for. If you need documents signed this product is for you.
SignNow has the best support staff. If I don't know how to do something they are right there to help. Via Chat, phone or email. They are always willing to work things out with me. Very polite and knowledgeable people.
Read Fred Claus's full review
Jason Kolleda | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to facilitate gathering signatures on hire paperwork that is client-specific. Often we are trying to avoid having our employees drive back to our office multiples times just to sign paperwork. It also lets us distribute paperwork to a variety of hiring managers on our client-side even while being off location.
  • Ease of use - We don't have to go into long explanations about how the process will work, we usually just send our employees the paperwork and we get it back signed.
  • Speed - We can get paperwork signed the same day instead of waiting for employees to schedule a time to come to the branch.
  • The initial set-up of hiring package templates can be tedious and time-consuming.
  • Making edits to merged documents when one or two pages fall out of date is a nightmare because you have to start from scratch.
SignNow is recommended if you have hiring managers in a variety of locations and it is impractical to spend time traveling to everyone's offices just to get a signature, or you are constantly printing, signing, and rescanning documents to gather them all into one place. Or if there are just a lot of documents you collect signatures on in general.
It would be nice to have a number to call and speak to someone sometimes but they are very quick to respond to emails.
Read Jason Kolleda's full review
March 12, 2020
Used for all departments. Member retention and needs.
  • Convenient
  • Members like that they can do it from home.
Great for customer retention and convenience to sign contracts or change forms. We need to be able to integrate better with Smartsheet and have a better layout, otherwise, it does what we need and then some.
Does what we need while saving us money.
November 18, 2019
It is being used across the whole organization. Anyone that needs a verified online signature has used SignNow. I have to use it with documents that I submit to the government. I don't have to scan a document that I signed but just use SignNow.
  • We are trying to go paperless in our office and this has allowed me to do that with the documents that I am responsible for.
  • SignNow provides a time/date stamp which helps in record keeping.
  • It is very easy to use!
  • I would like a "Save As" function added to the drop down for More.
I have only one use for SignNow and that is to create a PDF document that has my signature. I have not been disappointed with that use.
I have not had to use the support for SignNow - no problems!!
November 08, 2019
We use SignNow for engagement letters and other documents requiring client signatures. It allows our clients to electronically sign documents without coming into the office. They can sign from mobile phones, tablets or computers.
  • You can choose to password protect the esign request.
  • You can choose to email a signed copy of the document once completed or withhold it if there's sensitive information that you don't want sent via email.
  • Allows clients the ability to sign from almost any location and on any connected (data or wifi) device.
  • Would like to see Knowledge Based Authentication (KBA) option
This works well for legal documents that don't require KBA. Great for virtual office solutions and for a rush signature request. I see this working well for CPA, attorney and insurance industries.
I've only reached out a few times to support but each time my issue / need was addressed promptly and thoroughly.
November 07, 2019
I've personally used 5-6 different products that allow for processing digital signatures and realistically SignNow did not manage to stand out. We used it to streamline the process of singing vendor agreements to obtain digital signatures. Aside of the feature parity, the only differentiator was the price, with Basic account giving unlimited documents and templates compared to some of its major competitors.
  • Setup was a breeze.
  • Nice variety of templates.
  • Easy to use and intuitive
  • Did not find any.
  • The application was straightforward - "review >> sign" - Done.
The digital signature field is becoming increasingly commoditized. SignNow was well-suited for the process of reviewing and signing but did not stand out among the competition. It worked well for obtaining digital signatures on standard boiler-plate vendor agreements (no agreement review and back and forth required), but once again, so did the competitive products.
Have not needed/received any support from them so can't grade it objectively.
November 05, 2019
SignNow makes it really easy to get my agreements signed by my clients, without needing any complicated tools or back and forth with the client. Just set it, and send! It's been instrumental in saving so much time.
  • It's easy to set up and send to my clients.
  • It's easy to set the date, signature area and any other text.
  • It's easy to create templates and use them.
  • There's not much detailed instruction for my clients. At least, it's not very intuitive. They have to figure out themselves that they have to click on the signature area on mobile in order to get a signature box popped up.
  • I dislike the fact that clients have to download the SignNow app in order to sign something from me. Most of them sign with their mobile, and it doesn't make sense for them to do this when they can just access the browser.
  • The user interface could be a lot better. I could barely find account settings to change my subscription!
SignNow is great if you're looking for something that gets the job done. But if you want a more modern, easier way of signing, it might not be the best solution.
They were prompt and answered my question well. I also liked that they were thorough. However, the question was a simple one that could have been answered if their user interface was designed a little better. So I felt overall it was a waste of resources. But again, it was good CS for me.
October 30, 2019
SignNow is used within our agency in every department. We use it to send out our contracts, NDAs and releases to our clients. SignNow has solved the issue of getting paperwork returned and returned in a timely manner. Some of our NDAs require multiple signatures and SignNow makes that much easier to accomplish. We are able to upload multiple documents to our template file and send out the required document for signing quickly.
  • The ability to assign multiple signers to a single document is exceptional.
  • SignNow allows you to edit a document you have already uploaded and save the edits as though they are part of the original document in your templates section.
  • The history feature makes it easy to go back and see how many times a document has been viewed and the exact date and time the document was signed.
  • One area SignNow could use major improvement is adding a feature to download a CSV file or spreadsheet of every person you have sent a contract to and the date they signed. We could have used the feature recently, but instead had to painlessly look at each of our 4oo - 5oo contracts history individually which was not cost effective for our company.
  • A nice feature would be the name of the recipient listed on the front of each contracted listed instead of just an email. Sometimes email address do not match who the contract was sent to.
SignNow is well suited for companies that send documents often that need signatures. In my industry we send around 40 contracts a week. SignNow would not be appropriate for a company that sends an occasional document for a signature. SignNow is designed to handle many documents and storage of contracts.
If I had to find a flaw with Sign Now it would be the support. We recently had an issue where we needed to have a report on all clients who signed a contract with the agency. Support was a little clueless on whether they had this feature or not. After many calls and return calls I was told that the feature didn't exist.
November 07, 2019
We use SignNow to sign agreements/contracts with clients and freelancers.
  • Easy to use interface.
  • Stable software.
  • Affordable.
  • Fast.
  • Reliable.
  • Adding proposals capabilities.
  • Adding more signatures style options.
SignNow is well suited when you need a reliable and easy to use digital signature software that works just as well as more expensive solutions at an affordable price.
Our experience has been great through email support and we've experienced a fast response time.
October 30, 2019
We use SignNow to sign contracts or legal documents within the company. I originally began using this software when I joined the company and found it very easy to use.
  • Allows for the safe and secure signing of important documents.
  • Allows for the storage of important documents.
  • Easily works on mobile devices without a hiccup.
  • I have not seen any cons with the software.
SignNow works perfectly when securely sending or receiving documentation to be signed by others. I have used SignNow within my company as well as outside with other companies to sign various types of documents. I have never had any issues with the software and find that it works perfectly on a laptop or mobile device.
I have never contacted SignNow support. Their software has never given me any issues or reason to contact support. I think this shows just how well their product works.
October 30, 2019
I use SignNow to gain media release from talent before filming interviews with them. It helps to ensure that we secure permission to use their image and likeness before we even start filming. It allows us to circumnavigate the paper process by digitally exchanging the release, allowing clients more ease in signing and returning the form (removes friction).
  • Removes friction from the form fill process.
  • Effortless sharing via email.
  • Templates help to repeat the process regularly.
  • Randomly I've had users report that they are unable to open the link to sign the release.
SignNow is great for signing basic forms. I have never tried to use it for this, but I would imagine that it would be more difficult to use for more complex forms with multiple pages.
I haven't had to use customer support as of now!
May 11, 2019
Jose Luis Reyes Graterol | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using this tool for personal purposes, and I was one of the promoters to implement it in our organization. Being a global firm, we have offices and workers all across the globe; our customers are also located in many different countries and cities. SignNow permits us to sign documents while on the road and from or to any location. The corporate license permits us to have a vault of signed documents and distribute them properly. We have different accounts for individuals and departments across the whole organization. The problem of physically signing, scanning, and distributing documents via courier has been reduced almost to zero.
  • Sell and leasing contracts are signed and returned digitally to and from any location. In my case, I am in charge of all Latin American countries, and our contracts include periodical renewals that are signed digitally.
  • Due to a high volume of inventory change, we do many amendments. These are signed digitally and accepted by all our customers.
  • Having a vault of signed documents, we have any necessary document available for immediate review.
  • SignNow is available for laptops, online, and for mobile phones and tablets. This means that we have all information on hands at any time.
  • The possibility to have corporate licenses helps to reduce licensing costs.
  • A schedule for maturity and due contracts would be useful. Even if any administration software is in charge of that.
  • A document classification by type could be great. Personal, corporate agreements, distribution agreements, etc.
  • The possibility to have customers/users and documents file with different schedule classifications, and the possibility to be prompted when one of the pre-established documents is not available. For example, all contracts of type 1, must have document schedule A, B and C included and signed.
  • A more complete activity report for supervisors.
This application is well suited for any firm or individual with plenty of legal documents to be signed/co-signed across large geographical areas. When time is gold, even different locations inside the same city could be a problem if you need immediate approval. If you are a supervisor and you have several employees using the software, besides saving additional costs, you have the possibility to supervise proper document handling.
When not in a rush, and in low quantities, you still can go the old way of signing/scanning and re-sending documents without paying for any further software.
Read Jose Luis Reyes Graterol's full review
August 04, 2018
Sarah King | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use SignNow to sign contracts with clients for photography services, and I just use it myself. I really appreciate SignNow because it has allowed me to go paperless and access the contracts from anywhere. I like having the contracts all in one place and being able to send them to clients right after signing.
  • I love that you can put in fields to be filled out (signature, date, text fields).
  • The back end is very user friendly and easy to navigate.
  • I also appreciate the app so I can use it on my iPad during meetings.
  • I haven't quite figured out how to send the contracts automatically to the clients after signing. It will send one to me saying it's been signed but not one to the clients. I thought that's the reason I put in the email addresses of the signers, and my understanding is that it sends an email copy upon signing, but usually I have to go back in and send them a copy after.
I just love being paperless! It's perfect for organization and having everything in one place. Plus I feel like it is more professional to have it all electronically.
Read Sarah King's full review
July 26, 2018
David Friedman | TrustRadius Reviewer
SignNow is great. We needed a digital solution for our sales team who were in the field and didn't have a good way to get our insertion orders (contracts) signed. SignNow provided an easy to implement solution, even to our sales team members who aren't the most technically proficient.

With SignNow, our team was able to create easily modifiable templates and one-off contracts that they could get into our clients quickly. Our clients loved the ease at which they were able to receive and execute contracts, and that they didn't have to deal with paper, mail, or fax. We saw an immediate decrease in our turn-around time, and a sales increase over-all. The easier you make it for a client to sign up, the more conversions you will receive!

We also saw a greater efficiency within our sales team, who now spend less time creating and chasing contracts, and more time pursuing new leads.

Very happy with SignNow. They were a tremendous help to our overall efficiency and bottom line.
  • Easy to use (and modify) templates. We were able to tailor our contracts quickly to our clients' needs.
  • Excellent communication - we were always able to track where our contracts were in the delivery/completion process.
  • Honestly, none that I can speak of. We were very satisfied.
Excellent all around! If you have documents to be signed by clients that you don't see face to face, this software is a godsend.
Read David Friedman's full review
July 26, 2018
Kirk Longhofer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We spent quite a long time looking for an electronic document/signature solution. Clients wanted something other than having to deal with PDFs and scanning, etc. In my research we found lots of good products, but we are a small business, and most of the systems we looked at were simply too expensive. Then I found SignNow. Within 15 minutes of sign up, I sent out my first contract to a customer. In less than 10 minutes, I had the contract back. SOLD! Creating and sending out contracts is a breeze. The best part is that we get the contracts returned MUCH sooner. If you have documents you need to distribute to clients for signature... SignNow is a no-brainer.
  • Simple to use. Very straightforward and easily integrated into our work flow.
  • Looks sharp. The emails look professional.
  • Affordable! Outstanding service for a small business needing a fully functional solution that doesn't break the bank.
  • I suppose there is always room for improvement, but SignNow is GREAT out of the box.
SignNow is a great option for small businesses who need to do several contracts a week.
Read Kirk Longhofer's full review

What is SignNow?

SignNow is an electronic signature solution designed to scale with a workflow. The vendor states that SignNow is lightweight and user-friendly, and is affordable for small and mid-sized businesses. Their e-signature solution also boasts strong mobile capabilities as well as security and compliance. Apart from the desktop solution and mobile apps (for iOS and Android), SignNow can be also set up as an API integration and as an on-premises solution.