One of the Best

March 17, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SignNow, and make your voice heard!

• $8 per user/monthOptional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://snseats.signnow.com/purchase/bu…

What is DocuSign?

DocuSign supports transactions with document sharing and electronic signature, as well as automated and guided data collection and entry, record updating across disparate systems and payment collection upon agreement, as well as analytics and reporting.

What is Adobe Acrobat Sign?

Acrobat Sign is an e-signature solution that combines simple and secure e-signatures with Adobe Acrobat. With Acrobat Sign, the user can create, sign, send for signature, manage, and track documents from one Adobe platform. The user can create signing experiences for customers and teams by…

What is SignNow?

SignNow is an electronic signature solution designed to scale with a workflow. The vendor states that SignNow is lightweight and user-friendly, and is affordable for small and mid-sized businesses. Their e-signature solution also boasts strong mobile capabilities as well as security and compliance. Apart from the desktop solution and mobile apps (for iOS and Android), SignNow can be also set up as an API integration and as an on-premises solution.

SignNow Features

• Supported: Bulk sending
  • Supported: Sending documents in groups
  • Supported: Audit trail and court-admissible document history

SignNow Screenshots

dashboardteams and their foldersintegrations availablefillable fields in signNow editor

SignNow Videos

signNow is easy to deploy, and it scales with your workflow.
Sign any document electronically in just a few simple steps.
Generate documents, negotiate contracts, accept payments, and create automated workflows.

SignNow Integrations

SignNow Competitors

SignNow Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesGlobal coverage

What is SignNow?

signNow is an eSignature solution with mobile apps for iOS and Android. signNow can be integrated into popular platforms and offers SaaS, public cloud, and private cloud deployment options with the same underlying API. This enables customers to leverage the power and usability of the signNow eSignature platform, while meeting their particular security and compliance requirements.

What is SignNow's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses SignNow?

The most common users of SignNow are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Financial Services industry.

I use SignNow to send our clients contracts so they can easily sign a document quickly and easily.
  • Easy instructions.
  • Notify you when something has been completed.
  • Fast and reliable.
  • Sending the same document to multiple people to separately sign.
This program has been very useful to me, especially when sending documents to people who aren't familiar with technology and how to sign electronically. It is very simple and easy for my clients to use.
Dustin Eddo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses SignNow for our Airbnb site. SignNow makes it easy to get contracts signed. The reason we prefer SignNow is because you can send contracts via text. Which is our best option as an Airbnb host. Without SignNow, we would need to message our customers through a message board to get an email address. The other reason we prefer SignNow is because of the instant notice we receive that the contract was signed.
  • Text invoice.
  • Confirmation of signature.
  • Saved contract.
  • We do not always receive alerts, sometimes we only receive an email.
I used SignNow to sign important documents for my organization from home. This makes signing and sending documents easy without the need to give them to HR or a manager in person or by fax. The process is smooth since everything is digital. It saves a lot of time which I can use to focus on other more important tasks at work. Additionally, all the documents are uploaded to the cloud, so it's easier to pull them up for future uses if needed.
  • Enable quick signature of documents
  • Allow to store signed document on their account
  • Everything is over the net so it saves a lot of time & hassle
  • A little too many clicks that you have to go through to finish signing documents
  • Document saving is limited
  • No filtering tool
SignNow is great for when you need to sign documents on the go. The process is quick and painless. Not to mention that the software is almost lag-free, which is great to have. I used this to check over new hire signatures to make sure that everything was in order. Because of the ease of use of the app, the new hires were able to get back to me with all the necessary documentation in a quick and effective manner. One thing to note is their pricing range is on the expensive side, so make sure your company has the budget for them.
We primarily use SignNow to hire independent contractors. It's a simple and cost-effective way to send out contracts to large numbers of contractors, especially when renewing contracts at the end of each year. The template system makes it easy to train other team members to send out contracts and could even be done by a VA. The fact that the contracts can handle W9s also helps to simplify the process for us.
  • Contracts for e-signatures.
  • Reusable templates that can be customized.
  • System for organizing contracts can be better.
  • Fewer clicks to send out a contract would be nice.
There are a lot of different companies that allow you to send out documents for e-signatures. I would say the main advantage of SignNow is that the template system is very convenient for sending out the contracts over and over again as you hire new contractors. The system for sending out a bulk number of contracts simultaneously is handy too if you have a large team of contractors.
I used this software to sign important documents for my work. It's an easy form of the signature without the need for mail or meeting directly in person. This saves a lot of time for both me & the other party. The signing process is also efficient, making things easy to complete.
  • Free to use
  • Save your documents
  • Fast program, no lag
  • Able to save more documents
  • Can do more than signing
  • Be more popular
SignNow is good for signing documents quickly and efficiently. If you need something done right away, SignNow will do the job. However, in stricter scenarios where an actual signature is required, SignNow cannot be used. These scenarios happen for more important documents. Also, aside from signing documents, this software cannot do much else.
Our initial purchase decision came at the height of the COVID pandemic when we needed to begin offering relief to customers unable to pay their bills. SignNow allowed us to provide an electronic form on our website that could be completed, signed, and submitted without having to come into our office. Since then, Sales and the Board of Directors have begun using it for contracts and important documents inside and outside our company.
  • Single sign on
  • Ease of use
  • Automatically recognizing fields
  • Excellent support and customer service
  • The Account Management portion of the site doesn't fit with the rest of the utility. Updating that to match the look and feel of the rest of SignNow would be nice. It's just very utilitarian.
SignNow is easy to set up and easier for users - usually requiring little to no training to get started. We love the signing links that can be created and posted on our website and the ability to create shared folders within the platform that can be used by members of the same team (Accounting, Sales, etc.) without having to share logins. The biggest downside for us was having to involve Support to enable SSO. It would be nice to be able to turn that on and configure it on our own, but that's a minor inconvenience in the scope of things.
March 17, 2022

One of the Best

We utilize the service to have contracts signed and for internal HR processes as well, such as performance reviews, pretty much any document that we would like to have a formal acknowledgment for. This service has really helped us to move away from paper and become a more paperless environment.
  • It is pretty easy to bulk send documents
  • Signing is not an issue on mobile screens
  • The cost is very competitive
  • The interface could use a touch up
  • Notification for an outage would be great
  • A basic free account for a limited document user would be great as well
If you need to send a generic contract to multiple persons, this service is great, or if you just need digital contracts or documents to be signed. It's not a service to be used just for the sending of documents.
We use SignNow to get signatures on legal documents so clients don't have to come into the office for simple tasks.
  • Document management.
  • Document retention.
  • Notifications
  • It would be nice of there was a group export function.
  • Clio integration would be nice.
We use SignNow for many of our documents that don't require a notary signature.
We use SignNow for document signatures - mainly employee agreements and contracts. We have employees spread across different states in the U.S. and getting handbooks and agreements signed and mailed back and forth was a nightmare. This program allows us to send the documents (which are updated annually) with ease and get signatures back very quickly.
  • Reminders
  • Storage
  • Security
  • Batch Send
  • Automation Rules
  • Search Function
We have a single user now which is shared so if there are documents which require more discretion, you might want to subscribe as multiple users. Also, it would be great to have a batch upload version so that I don't have to upload 25 of the same document to send out to several different people. But, that being said, as a basic secure quick tool, it is fantastic.
I haven't used their support very much because the program is pretty user friendly and there is a plethora of information in their FAQ section as well.
Very easy to use and navigate. Anyone who is adept at normal web-based programs should find this interface pretty easy to use.
We use SignNow as a way to get yearly MSP contracts signed by clients. Our contracts are a standard form that need some blanks filled in based on the client. We use SignNow to fill in those blanks and send it off to the client for signature. Once the signature comes back we sign it, and then SignNow sends both of us a PDF copy for our files.
  • SignNow makes it easy for the client to move through the document. One click per field and the data is there. Sometimes I even just use the tab key.
  • SignNow is easy for me to move through when editing a document for sending. They color code the signers so it's easy for me to see who has to sign where. I can also set up in what order the signers have to sign.
  • SignNow's price is very good as well. What we get from sign now for the price we pay is equal to other companies 3 times the cost.
  • No templates on the free version.
SignNow is a great product for anyone who has paperwork that needs to be signed. No more chasing down clients, and having to worry about scanning signed documents in. It's also legally binding with the signature tracking file that SignNow offers with each document. There really isn't a scenario that SignNow isn't good for. If you need documents signed this product is for you.
SignNow has the best support staff. If I don't know how to do something they are right there to help. Via Chat, phone or email. They are always willing to work things out with me. Very polite and knowledgeable people.
It's very easy to use. There are some screens that make it a bit difficult, but for the most part it's simple. Everything is spelled out and easy to find.
SignNow is a great platform to use to complete documents by using their "PDF Filling" function.

Also, I use SignNow for all of my contracts/agreements/etc. SignNow creates a one-stop-shop. I can send clients my documents, each page is pdf fillable, & they can submit any documents I need (w/ the highest feature) all within 1 page.

My clients & I love the efficiency this company creates for us.
  • PDF fillable portions (signatures, dating, text, etc).
  • Sending agreements to my clients.
  • Completing & signing packets to send back to brokers.
  • Mobile app is amazing.
  • Customer service.
  • Website layout is smooth & clean.
  • Once I upload a document to add my PDF fillable portion, I cannot edit my documents.
  • Microsoft word integration.
When I get an unexpected call while driving, out & about, not around my laptop, etc, I can easily & quickly send paperwork to any at any time. No hassle at all.

As long as you have your templates pre-made, you are ready to go at any time.

The same goes for if I receive an email while out & about, I can download that document to my phone, fill it out in the SignNow mobile app, & send it right back.
It is used primarily for HR onboarding and benefits open enrollment.

SignNow provides an easy way for us to keep track of who has completed required paperwork and who hasn't. It also allows us to have digital signatures and a secure site to store documents. We added our insurance broker as a user so they can download forms directly rather than using email.
  • Routing forms for signature.
  • Tracking of open/closed signature requests.
  • Shared documents/templates vs user documents/templates is poorly explained.
  • It would be helpful to be able to insert pages into existing templates rather than start fresh.
  • The layout tool itself is a bit clunky for a lay user to understand.
It's near-perfectly suited for use in HR applications for onboarding that are good candidates for templates - like insurance forms. Sending one-off documents like an offer letter may not be as helpful because each needs to be uploaded to the system uniquely. It may have a use case for smaller businesses requiring signature approval of vouchers from remote employees.
Jose Luis Reyes Graterol | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using this tool for personal purposes, and I was one of the promoters to implement it in our organization. Being a global firm, we have offices and workers all across the globe; our customers are also located in many different countries and cities. SignNow permits us to sign documents while on the road and from or to any location. The corporate license permits us to have a vault of signed documents and distribute them properly. We have different accounts for individuals and departments across the whole organization. The problem of physically signing, scanning, and distributing documents via courier has been reduced almost to zero.
  • Sell and leasing contracts are signed and returned digitally to and from any location. In my case, I am in charge of all Latin American countries, and our contracts include periodical renewals that are signed digitally.
  • Due to a high volume of inventory change, we do many amendments. These are signed digitally and accepted by all our customers.
  • Having a vault of signed documents, we have any necessary document available for immediate review.
  • SignNow is available for laptops, online, and for mobile phones and tablets. This means that we have all information on hands at any time.
  • The possibility to have corporate licenses helps to reduce licensing costs.
  • I even have access to documents in other countries/ languages with historical record
  • SignNow also send an email when all signatures are complete, indicating all details about the operation. This record will arrive to all persons involved
  • Validation certificate for digital signature is included. This document is being accepted by all countries I have been involved in Latin America and the Caribbean
  • A schedule for maturity and due contracts would be useful. Even if any administration software is in charge of that.
  • A document classification by type could be great. Personal, corporate agreements, distribution agreements, etc.
  • The possibility to have customers/users and documents file with different schedule classifications, and the possibility to be prompted when one of the pre-established documents is not available. For example, all contracts of type 1, must have document schedule A, B and C included and signed.
  • A more complete activity report for supervisors.
  • Historical reports for every year
This application is well suited for any firm or individual with plenty of legal documents to be signed/co-signed across large geographical areas. When time is gold, even different locations inside the same city could be a problem if you need immediate approval. If you are a supervisor and you have several employees using the software, besides saving additional costs, you have the possibility to supervise proper document handling. When not in a rush, and in low quantities, you still can go the old way of signing/scanning and re-sending documents without paying for any further software.
Grant Millar | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use SignNow to digitally sign all of my paperwork that requires a signature, and the same with clients. Whenever we need a document signed, we'll prepare it externally (or add the text within SignNow) and then send the document(s) off through SignNow. It means we don't need to print, it means clients don't need to print, and it means clients can sign documents wherever they are as long as they have an internet connection, and on any device.
  • Extremely easy to use
  • Includes audit trail
  • Can add text boxes, bullet points / check marks, etc. which are required by the client
  • Can add text manually into the document if needed
  • Has an app for signing (if you want an app) or clients can sign online without the app
  • Much more cost-effective than the big players at only $8 USD p/m (if you pay yearly)
  • Legally binding
  • Can set regular reminders to sign
  • I don't think you can remove the option to use the app - it's the prominent option when you open the document. The 'open with browser' option is more subtle, at the bottom
  • More advanced features (like redirect upon signing, personal branding, etc.) cost more
If you ever need documents to be signed, and want to save on paper + be more efficient, SignNow is a great option. The big thing for me is that it's really simple and easy to use, it's more cost-effective than the other big competitors, and delivers basically everything you need from a Digital Signing platform without charging a massive fee.
In terms of core functionality - adding options for signatures, text, dates, check boxes, etc., as well as customising the body of the request, the title of the request, follow-ups / reminders for signature, etc., SignNow is great. It's really easy to navigate and use in this regard.

SignNow loses points when it comes to the end-user who needs to sign. There's an option for them to either use the app (which is most prominent in the page that shows when they open the request) or to sign using their browser (which is much smaller).

I had my assistant create this step by step guide for our clients, so they can complete the request the way we need them to:https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FopYjlykHMFjIAQjgaNLtNIvSCQND_kb86-U9bA5M2A/edit?usp=sharing

As far as I'm aware, you can't make it mandatory for them to draw their signature, and there's no option to remove the prompt for them to download the app when signing on their mobile device. I really wish these were options, but they don't take away from the fact it does what it is intended to do, and it does it well.

Membership organization using SignNow for sending and capturing acknowledgment on Constitution and Bylaws with a signature.
The form is saved as a PDF. The membership data is collected through the form.
  • Clean form.
  • Sends Completed forms to sub-folders on OneDrive.
  • Works with Stripe.
  • Poor editing capability - have to re-write the entire form to make one little text.
  • Too expensive.
  • No smart features like filtering tools.
  • Has limited payment options.
Straight forms that never change. If you need to make any text changes at any time it will take you hours to redo the form again from scratch. Not a great experience.

It also does not automatically send a payment request after the form is completed by the user.
Just saying it needs a lot more features.
Dependable and responsive support. Just don't like the restrictions with the program.

Happy Customer

Meghan Baylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
Signing contracts, investment deals, HR docs, & other needed signed documents.
  • Opportunity to make changes.
  • Customize each doc.
  • Automate with Gdrive.
  • Templates
  • Once you are ready to send out a document with signers on the final screen, you can't change the file name.
Well suited because it is easy to use, efficient, & reasonably priced.

SignNow Review

Jonathan Wynn | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SignNow for remote signing employees, client onboarding, and other documents and paperwork. The business isn't and cannot go completely paperless, but facilitating quick transmission of documents for signature and counter-signature for people outside of the organization is essential. SignNow currently integrates with PDFfiller which allows uploading and modifying of documentation that's already been drafted and creation of templates. Editing a template and migrating it over to SignNow for sending out and signing is a frequent step when taking on new staff and clients. It's important to note we've only used competitors as end-user, so there may be aspects that other products do better. SignNow doesn't have the same footprint as far as recognizability as Docusign, in my opinion. I don't know if that means Docusign is better.
  • Modifying signature request and order of signing.
  • Tracking signings and downloading completed documents.
  • Integrating with PDFfiller.
  • Uploading draft documents for editing.
  • Multiple fields with different signatories for each.
  • Standard reminders for people who haven't signed.
  • Template emails.
Frankly, we believe having to pay for a PDFfiller subscription and pay for a separate SignNow subscription to unlock the complete functionality seems to be a "double-dip." That said, for most circumstances (standard intake documents, employee agreements, amendments), we're able to successfully utilize the product without too many restrictions. Some help videos might also be appreciated.
I use SignNow to execute contacts and leases. SignNow allows me to get documents signed by remote parties quickly and solves the governing agencies' requirement for storage.
  • Allows users to insert tags so that signature blocks are automatically added to contracts.
  • Allows users to sign remotely.
  • Provides instant feedback when document is signed.
  • Parties that receive emailed signing requests are sometimes confused about whether or not they need to download the app to sign a document using their mobile device.
SignNow is appropriate for any document that needs to be signed as long as the document does not need to be notarized.
I run a homeschool educational support group. We use Sign Now to have all our members sign liability waivers & agreements and we use this for our teacher contracts.
  • Provides a platform that is easy to create a document with a digital signature.
  • Provides a platform that is easy to access for people who are signing digitally.
  • The platform is easy for me to see who has or hasn't signed documents I've sent.
  • I was very confused at first between creating a document and creating a template.
  • When I try to customize my message on a template I can't edit all the parts I want to on the sending message.
  • Many of the users I've sent this don't see this right away. Often it goes into a spam folder.
SignNow would work very well for a small business - especially one where you need documents signed often. It also works well if need more than one signature on a document. If you were generating a whole bunch of different documents it can become quite tedious to have to create these. SignNow is very budget-friendly and overall fairly easy to use.

Good in its simplicity

[SignNow is being used] For ease in obtaining signatures as opposed to fax method.
  • Easy to sign
  • Easy to send back
  • Simply results in signed copies
  • No additional markups (or added numbers) are made to the signature like with DocuSign
  • Interface in sending could be better - message to sender should be visible to change without having to click to show it.
  • Billing was really messed up upon renewal. It stopped working and said we had to pay even though payment went through and showed on the account page as paid.
  • Customer service is too hard to find and call. There was no posted number or email and no help option. It was very slow trying to contact someone and get it working when it locked us out.
Quick simple signing of a doc (and dating) is great. Would be nice if it could be edited if needed by the signer before signing.
Simple to learn and use, pretty straightforward all around.
SignNow helped me to sign forms and documents easily and everywhere. We use the application in the office and offline. I can work in any location of the company. Is useful in the web version and in the app (I use apple iOS). the synchronization process is fast and I can get any file in each of the apps.
  • Synchronization process
  • Remote sign
  • Save files
  • The way to save (send files in the app) is not easy to send several files in one mail.
I do not see where SignNow is less appropriate. this tool helped me to work offline or during travel or during a vacation period. we are helping the environment because we are using fewer paper-based documents. In addition, the apps are friendly. I suggest sending (or teach how to send) more than one file in the app.
SignNow is being used by the HR department. We use it for all new hires who are going to work with our company in order to send new hire paperwork for review and signing. This includes job policies and procedures, offer letters and employment agreements/contracts and other documents as necessary for employment. We also use it to send paper timesheets for signatures and expense reports.
  • Grouping multiple documents together into one package.
  • Sending 1 document to multiple people at one time.
  • Showing completed documents versus incomplete documents.
  • Allows more than one signer one document.
  • Being able to edit a document after it has been sent to someone.
  • Being able to choose a folder rather than archive bulk invites.
  • Being able to add or remove documents from an incomplete group document after it has been sent.
SignNow is extremely user-friendly and convenient to use. It is also constantly updated with new looks or functionality which keeps it easy to use and more efficient and effective for everyday use. Our employees also say it is easy to use and easy to access documents without having to create an account.
  • Online training
The system is very user friendly and easy to maneuver throughout as a signer and as someone who is administering the documents on the backend. It is easy to upload documents, add fields, create templates and create document groups or templates. You can also easily change email addresses if needed and add multiple signers for different sections of documents.
I regularly use signnow with buyers and sellers of real estate documents for electronic review, approval, and signatures/dates.
  • uploads quickly
  • communicates well the status of signing requests/completion
  • ability to use a signed document within the platform without having to download for each different signer
When the real estate client is not local the electronic signing of signnow makes it easy to send and receive signed/initialed/dated documents. I like how the notifications work for sending out requests and receiving signed documents. I have not encountered any scenarios where it has not worked out well.
We use SignNow to collect credit card information from clients as well as have people send electronic signatures. I send around 30 per week to clients.
  • The chat feature has fast response.
  • Send emails alerting to a signed document.
  • Training new users.
  • Technical glitches in saved templates.
Needing to collect signatures and secure information is where SignNow becomes useful.
February 22, 2022

Good value for the price.

We use SignNow both internally and externally for contracts, purchase orders, and other documents. It obviates the need to print, sign, and scan each document that is signed. We also use the bulk send feature to send out shareholder consents en masse in lieu of more time-intensive ways of collecting shareholder approval.
  • Fast uploading and signing of documents.
  • More affordable than most of their competitors.
  • By default and unlike Adobe and DocuSign, e-signatures do not have an indicator stamp around them, which makes it hard to tell that the document was signed using a verified e-signature program.
  • Lacks certain time-saving features, e.g. being able to add a field that will pre-insert the signer's name or email address.
  • Does not have a shortcut feature for when the SignNow user is the only signer of the document.
  • When adding text fields, it is hard to tell how large the text will be once filled in by the signer.
SignNow is well suited for simple uses like signing routine purchase orders.