Overall Satisfaction with Qualtrics
- Very easy to learn and use
- Handles complex question types and logic
- Good user interface
- Reporting was a little difficult to navigate at times, but they are working on a new tool here
- Some fairly standard features in my opinion (like advanced quota management) required paid upgrades
- Some needs required workarounds - they were able to get us everything we needed eventually, but a few things didn't seem out of the box
- No in-house resources to outsource the work to if we need someone to program a survey for us or conduct analysis (although they did introduce a new partner firm to us this year who can provide that support)
- Response-based pricing model vs. flat fee or survey based model
- Fast survey deployment in-house when we were rushing to meet some critical deadlines
Vision Critical is known as a great panel management firm, but I was underwhelmed with their tool itself. Deployments were complicated, surveys required almost basic programming knowledge, and my team struggled with their reporting tool.
Confirmit could do everything we wanted in terms of features, but it too required specialized expertise, far more training, etc.
Simpler tools like SurveyMonkey, NetReflector, Survey Gizmo, etc. just didn't have the question types, advanced logic, quota management, email tools, etc. that Qualtrics and the above tools do.
In the end, Qualtrics was a nice middle ground. It was way easier to learn and use than the high end tools and provided all the functionality of the high end tools. It had a middle ground price as well that seemed very reasonable. They also seemed very willing to take my feedback and suggestions seriously.