Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
It is being used by the finance department to support our program managers in their roles as the fiscal stewards of their respective programs. It allows program managers to see where they are with spending in relation to their budgets and to help them to plan for future expenditures as well as make recommendations for budget amendments.
- Cost allocation because it is critical to know how much programs truly cost.
- The program gives regular updates which helps to make sure we have the most up-to-date product.
- Training programs are fun and effective.
- Training is not always available in my area and travel is not always in the budget.
- Training is expensive, especially given we are a non-profit.
- Accessibility and expense of training hinders us being able to use the functionality to its fullest.
- I've used other non-profit software and this by far has the best ease of use.
- The training investment expense is high and I am not sure it is worth the expense.
Yes, the cost allocation distribution code functionality is quite useful for us determining how much our programs really cost including indirect costs.
Ziegner - We have tried to utilize their help on projects but our attempts have been unsuccessful. For example, we were looking to automate our cost allocation of our fringe benefits and Ziegner was not able to come up with a solution. Later on, an internal employee suggested a fix that was not suggested by Ziegner that solved our issue.