Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Connect
We used Adobe Connect to train, conduct meetings and generally interact with colleagues around the world. It was used, by varying degrees, by many of our organization's colleagues across the organization/world. It allowed us to conduct business and provide training to employees in remote locations. Communication was faster, in real-time and cheap. Conducting training, meetings and other communication with this tool allowed us to save on the cost of travel and bypass miscommunication that may occur in email and instant messaging.
- It allows you to conduct meetings with multiple parties in various locations, simultaneously.
- It allows you to share files wth participants. They can download documents you upload to the "meeting" space.
- It provides the capability to share the "hosting" role, so others can take over virtual control of the meeting while the meeting is still in progress.
- The interface is practical, but could be more aesthetically pleasing. Other, similar software has a more modern, slick look.
- We did not have to pay for as much employee travel since communication could be carried out over long distances with this software.
- Many people could receive training at one time/in one virtual meeting.
- Employees could also receive additional, on-demand support with ease, since major travel arrangements were not needed to access colleagues.
Adobe Connect was the tool we used because we could record sessions and share files within the meetings themselves. Both Adobe Connect and Google Hangouts allow you to share your screen, but you have to connect with the person on Google Hangouts first. With Adobe Connect, you can simply email a meeting link and password so the person can have access.
I found it to be quite useful as a training tool. I could interact with individuals from multiple locations simultaneously, share my screen with a PowerPoint, video or on-screen demonstration and share training documents users could reference during or after our sessions. Participants could also type feedback in the chat pod even if the audio was muted for the training participants.