Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now
Payroll only and I'm the only user (no employee access).
- Payroll preview - it allows me to enter timekeeping early and repeatedly to get each company "just right" ... also enables me to test run one-time exceptions on individual payments
- Worry free, "hands off" quarterly tax and annual W2 processing by ADP
- Standard reporting available for annual Workers Comp audit requirements
- As a new bookkeeper in the summer of 2017 the software was "new" to me and not necessarily "intuitive" ... add on top of that the customer service phone centers were friendly but first level people didn't always give the correct information ... in the meantime, I've learned to use The Bridge and ADP has updated how to "make an appointment" so that knowledgeable customer service individuals are represented and the software is "familiar" to me ... and the software has changed in these 2 short years (more wizard like "talking" me through processes) ... so, I don't really have any "cons" right now ... I personally need to take some online training (have to make the time for it) to get a deeper understanding of "payroll only" capabilities ... and we, here at the church, need to investigate a couple of modules to add on to our "payroll only" setup ... we've made the contacts with ADP but need to wait until later this year to go further with them.
- Prior to ADP, payroll was handled MANUALLY and therefore ALL POSITIVE ROI ... even though we are "payroll only" the ROI is FANTASTIC for the minimal amount of money spent (charged by "pays") and the security ADP provides to the bookkeeper; i.e. accuracy (salary and hourly amounts, department assignments), ease of use/ data entry for each pay period by company (JC4 school, JC5 church), faithfully accurate and virtually "hands off" direct deposits by pay period (employee earnings) and quarterly (taxes with federal/state) as well as timely reporting (annual W2s and Workers Comp quarterly data for annual audit) ... I cannot imagine trying to do any of these things manually ...
- In the future we will explore the ROI of two modules we have our sights on: time and attendance; HR ... that may or may not, due to our EE size and annual income, have a positive impact ... we'll see ... there are ADP reps available to us for this, but we're not ready to analyze at this time.
Not sure. - I've only ever use ADP for "payroll only" and, therefore, cannot quantify the time savings of "quick payroll calculation, simplified taxes" ... there certainly was a time savings for the prior bookkeeper you used to do all manually.
ADP "payroll only" is what we have, and I'm the only user. It works well, there are no issues. ADP Workforce Now has way more capability than we're using. We, as a church, may in the future expand our "scenarios" to include the time/attendance and HR modules.