February 22, 2016
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Asana
I have used Asana while consulting with a client in NYC. Asana was their primary task management tool and an Asana account has been created for me as well. The client was in advertising business with 50-100 employees and Asana was being used across the entire organization. The tool was used for various types of problems, but as per my usage, it was for tracking activities related to data collection/processing, application development and IT systems administration.
- Asana is simple and very easy to use.
- It is easy to configure and has lots of features.
- It is free of charge (at least I think it is).
- Reminders of upcoming deadlines.
- Not as powerful as some other project tools.
- I hated the fact that the tasks were not getting automatic ids.
- GUI could be improved.
As stated before, for my own line of work, I prefer JIRA because it is more powerful; it brings more structure and organization (which might seem as a downside for some people) but provides additional value from it. It provides a better user interface and experience; it has a lot of searching power. It integrates very well with GitHub and the reporting is pretty good as well. Asana was the client's choice of tool.