Overall Satisfaction with Avalara
We use Avalara for calculating sales tax in the states we have Nexus in. We also use the exemption module within the software to store our customers' exemption certificates and keep track of any renewals. Recently we signed up to have Avalara start filing our sales tax and remit payments on our behalf.
- Ease of navigation through the software.
- Convenient to pull sales tax reports for any of the states you file in for a particular period.
- Maintaining the exemption certificates for customers has become much easier, along with the ability to upload a copy of their exemption certificate for storage.
- A lot of our business is in the oil field which may be located away from any main city. It would be helpful if LAT Longs could be used as opposed to a zip code.
- It has freed up time that was spent printing reports from our accounting system and calculating amounts that needed to be combined.
- With the use of the zip code as the point of benefit, it is more accurate in the calculation of multi state taxes and special jurisdictions.
- Acumatica (Accounting Software)
The integration was seamless and our 3rd party had implemented Avalara previously.
The software is easy to use and navigate in order to store or pull the necessary reports needed for taxation.
- Avalara Returns
We just recently signed up for Avalara Returns so May 2020 will be the first month for them filing and remitting payments.
Avalara is the only product we have used for our business. We made the decision based on price point and fulfilling our needs.
Avalara has really simplified the reporting and upkeep of our tax reporting. Everything is in one spot and easy to navigate and track. The implementation was easy and the implementation team was very helpful.