Overall Satisfaction with Birchstreet eProcurement
It is being used across all hotels for procurement. It makes purchasing from some of the vendors with which we have the closest relationships extremely simple and efficient through the purchase order system and then it makes paying all other bills quite easy too. Overall, it saves hotel managers significant time with the ability to order items and process bills quickly.
- It has a purchase order system for supported vendors.
- It allows for quick entry of invoices to submit for payment.
- It has the ability to manage capital purchases.
- It will periodically be unavailable due to technical difficulties.
- Sometimes invoices will appear twice in the system even though it's supposed to detect and delete duplicates.
- It has produced significant time savings allowing properties to forgo the position of property accountant/controller.
- It has streamlined the reporting of expenses on the profit and loss statements.
Have no experience with competitors.
It is well suited for large companies with an A/P department for processing electronic and check payments for invoices. I would struggle to find it of much value if the hotel property was cutting the checks itself.