So Far, So Good!
Stella Limuel | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 18, 2019

So Far, So Good!

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Education Management Solutions (formerly Blackbaud K–12 ON Solutions)

It is being used across the whole organization. Advancement Department and Executives use it to check students information (current, incoming or alumni) and to send out parent communications. Business office uses it for enrollment process and payment, and also extracurricular enrollment and payment. Admission uses it for enrollment management. Teachers use it to post grades and keep progress. Human Resources department uploads all employees to it.
  • Easily keep information up-to-date
  • Easily contact families
  • Easily accessible and user-friendly
  • Integration with Blackbaud's other programs
  • Alumni relations
  • Customization for schools with non-standard grades/levels
  • Eliminates the need of many paper forms.
  • Eliminates the process of having fresh data updated in the system.
  • Operational efficiency
  • Advanced automation
  • Improved insights
  • Improved internal and external communications
  • A connected school solution
Efficiency has increased since implementation. We're still in the process of familiarizing and fully implementing but so far we're seeing good results. Business office doesn't have to contact parents to request payments and they don't have to deal with a big number of paper forms since it's all digital now. We also can see the family directory directly in there, instead of having another service to keep our students' directory.
Our business office is very pleased with Blackbaud EMS, so they are actually looking into using Financial Edge NXT now in order to have better integration. We are still in the process of figuring out the integration between RE NXT and BB EMS. I feel that the process is rather confusing and I'm still disappointed with the lack of ease of feeding the data from EMS and to RE and vice versa.
So far I have not run into problems with contacting support but have heard that sometimes support is hard to reach or does not give you a helpful solution. Although, to be fair, I have not really asked advanced questions. I feel we need more time with implementation support and it made us felt very nervous about having everything implemented correctly.
We just started using the Blackbaud Enrollment Management System for the upcoming school year. We are still trying to smooth some things out but so far, it has been quite helpful both for the admissions team and the business office to track admission process and payment process from start to finish.
We have started implementing the Learning Management System this year. Teachers have started using them after giving them the training. Of course, it was not a smooth sailing, which I noticed is common with Blackbaud products, but I think so far they find it more satisfying than anything else we used before. However, it's all digital now so I think that part is very convenient for our teachers.
Yes, we also just implemented it this year, but our teachers seem to like it more because it gives them the ability to keep track of grades and attendance digitally and it makes it easier for them to communicate to parents. Parents also seem to like it as it gives them the ability to check their child's progress online.
It's easy for us to send out contracts, communications, and to have a parent directory now. Our business office is especially pleased since they can request payment through it, although they did say they don't like how they can only have one payment method. We have eliminated most paper enrollment forms thanks to the ability to create a digital form on BB EMS. We're still trying to implement integration between RE and BB EMS.