The King of Cloud Video Conferencing
September 20, 2020
The King of Cloud Video Conferencing
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with BlueJeans
BlueJeans is used internally by most of the Sales, Support, and Merchandising Teams here in our UK office along with our offices in Germany and Belgium to help staff meet and collaborate with other staff and those external to the company. I would say that the Technical Team probably uses this the most, as we have been very heavily relying on BlueJeans to provide demonstrations of products and services to end customers during the ongoing pandemic and the functionality within BlueJeans has meant we can keep that level of professionalism that would normally be seen in the boardroom in person, to translate across to a digital meeting.
- Simplicity: It is easy to join meetings whether you have used it before or not.
- Sharing content: Allows you to easily share your screen, or parts of your screen to collaborate with others during a call.
- The ability to invite people from both within and outside of the organization, along with dialing in videoconferencing, room systems is a real bonus.
- Quizzes/Polls App: It would be great if they could introduce something like a quiz app within the interface for things like training classes, where instructors could prepare questions to launch for participants to answer. I think Zoom does this with their "polls," but haven't come across this functionality in BlueJeans yet.
- Not much else I can think of that I would like to see different at the moment.
- Employees are more productive: Not having to drive to the site to deliver the same content that can be delivered over video, meaning more time to do more productive things than sit on the motorway for an hour or two.
- Has helped keep business going during the ongoing pandemic, no more canceled meetings, just schedule a video call over BlueJeans.
- Referring back to point one, money has been saved through not having to send people to site, along with the environmental savings from reduced travel.
We use the BlueJeans Rooms with a Dolby Voice Hub and the audio and video quality is outstanding. The solution is really user friendly and makes it really easy to join and start meetings from the room. The setup is also really simple, making it a dream to support from a technical standpoint, with very little parts involved, it always helps when trying to pinpoint where the issues lie (not that we've had any/many).
The Command Center is really useful. I can quickly access everything I need from an admin perspective to keep everything ticking over smoothly. I can see information around live and past meetings, stats around meetings, information about users who have had meetings, etc. There is a lot of information you can get from here. Here is also where you can easily manage the BlueJeans Rooms devices with it's very easy to use interface.
Overall, the feature set and functionality in BlueJeans is fairly similar across the board of the other high rollers in the VC world, but the simplicity of joining is unparalleled from my experience. The only thing I would say is that if you use Teams, then there may not necessarily be a requirement for it if you don't have any issues with the Teams meeting experience, otherwise, I would say BlueJeans is the king of cloud video meetings.
BlueJeans has never been unsuited for a use-case from personal use. It works flawlessly, allowing quick and simple joining whether you are part of the BlueJeans account or if you are outside of the organization. I have tested and used several solutions over the last couple of years and BlueJeans "just works." It may sound corny to say that, but I have not had issues with it picking up webcams and microphones, etc. like I have with other solutions. It is great for conference calls, training/webinars, and demonstrations.
BlueJeans Meetings Feature Ratings
52 - We have a mix of sales, support, and merchandising roles all using it for meetings, training, demos, webinars etc. The above number is for people within the UK business entity in our company using it, there are more across Europe also using BlueJeans. It is really flexible in what it can achieve from a meeting aspect.