June 30, 2014
Administrator in Information TechnologyRetail Company, 5001-10,000 employees
Score 7 out of 10
- Asset Core
- Service Core
Overall Satisfaction with BMC FootPrints
As a medium to large sized company with the infrastructure to match, we were faced with a need for asset management, remote device management and helpdesk ticketing. BMC Footprints has been implemented to address each of these.
- Highly configurable- From the Service Core ticketing system to the Asset Core device management, Footprints allows for customizations to fit your needs and your environment.
- Easily Integrated- Footprints is very easily integrated into your existing architecture. Seamlessly implemented with Active Directory.
- Complete System- With Footprints Asset Core and Service Core together there is little need for any other applications or systems.
- Purpose based configuration- It would be beneficial to see a more purposed based, out of the box, configuration option. For example, if you need PCI compliance, more intuitive reporting would make managing compliance much easier.
- Initial design and implementation- Don't think that your experience as an IT professional will allow you to stand this system up on your own. To properly configure Footprints and set yourself up for success down the road, get Professional Services with this one.
- Somewhat behind the times- Service Core is making a huge leap forward with the latest version, 12, but Asset Core is far behind. There are quite a few quirks to how the application works and how it is used.
- Increased accountability and ownership of incidents.
- Reigned in our assets and allowed for better reporting and life cycle management
- Better customer service through incident ownership and improved communication
Footprints meets our current needs. Alternatives are always being considered and will receive closer review.