Overall Satisfaction with Cherwell Service Management
Cherwell Service Management is used as our ITSM tool to support clients of the Division of IT. We utilize Cherwell for may functions including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge, and CMDB. Over the years we have continually expanded the use to cover new organizational needs.
- Customization: Cherwell allows us to create custom solutions that address the specific challenges we face. From a very simple "feedback" form with a single text field to a more complex process with approvals allowing users to update information about their Configuration Items.
- Integration: We pull data into the Cherwell system through various sources and different methods. We might use API calls to a web application to retrieve data, or directly connect to a database.
- Cherwell currently has a sort of split system with an "Application" on one side and "Content" on the other. This is one of the greatest strengths because it enables deep customization to the "Content" while allowing new features and upgrades to the "Application" without causing disruption. Over the years, Cherwell has added great improvements to the Out-of-the-Box "Content" and the "Application" and while you can easily upgrade the "Application" side to gain the new features it provides, upgrading the "Content" is a much bigger challenge. Cherwell is very aware of this challenge, and is working to solve it, but the more you customize your "Content" the more difficult it is to pull in new features.
- High-quality metrics produced with information from Cherwell have enhanced the visibility of "What IT does" for our organization.
- The CMDB within Cherwell has greatly improved our knowledge of our Asset Lifecycle.
Cherwell is the most customizable and powerful ITSM product without programing your own system from scratch. It has the most "heart" of any product I have used.
Support has always been concerned with giving us the best help they can. I have not used them often, but I have had great interactions with them.
Do you think Cherwell Service Management delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cherwell Service Management's feature set?
Did Cherwell Service Management live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cherwell Service Management go as expected?
Would you buy Cherwell Service Management again?
Cherwell is great for logic and process-based situations where you want "X" to occur when "Y" happens to "Z".