Overall Satisfaction with CircleCI
- It is very easy to set up, you can even set it up without a configuration file and it will try to infer your test runner and language.
- It is easy to configure with a straight-forward YAML configuration.
- It has great integration with services like Github and Slack.
- You can easily debug broken builds by SSH-ing into the test container and quickly figure out what is going wrong.
- There is no configuration difference for public or private repositories, CircleCi appropriately mirrors Github.
- The pricing allows for unlimited repositories, the tiers are based on parallel builds. This is great if you have a lot of private repos.
- I really wish CircleCI had the ability to have a build matrix (like Travis CI), for example, run my python tests against all four combinations of Python 2 and 3, and say Django 1.8 and 1.9.
- Support is generally pretty good, but can be hit or miss on timing. I've had quick responses, and other times waited multiple days for a response.
- Debugging broken builds never fell on an administrator, it was the individual developer's responsibility. With CircleCI, they had all the tooling and features they needed to debug failing builds.