CircleCI makes our deployments easyhttps://www.trustradius.com/build-automationCircleCIUnspecified7.9371012017-01-12T23:19:13.794Z
January 12, 2017
CircleCI makes our deployments easy
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with CircleCI
We're a software as a service (SaaS) business. We're using CircleCI in our development team. Every time we push a change to GitHub it runs our unit tests and if the push was to our staging or production branches, CircleCI triggers a deployment to that environment. If the tests fail I'm sent an e-mail and the deployments only get triggered if the tests pass.
- Easy to configure via a YAML file
- Sends email notifications without the use of external services
- Not only runs our tests, but also triggers our deployments
- It would be great to be able to specify different versions of PHP to test with and configure options for each. So we could test with our current production version which needs to pass before we deploy, but also test with a newer version of PHP if we're planning on migrating to it. This way we'd know if someone pushed code that isn't future compatible.
- It saved me time that I would have used building my own solution
- It automates the deployment process which ensures fewer mistakes
- It's very inexpensive
I had used Travis CI in some of my open source projects. However, it was too expensive for us so I looked for an alternative that was in our budget. Scrutinizer is also very useful, but also out of our budget. When we get larger I could see myself using Scrutinizer for quality tests, but I'd probably keep CircleCI for running unit tests and doing deployments.