Overall Satisfaction with DameWare Remote Support
DameWare Remote Support is used primarily by me (one man department) to support teachers, staff, and students. With two co-located sites, DameWare Remote Support makes it easy assist clients, and manage servers. The integration with WebHelpDesk ensures that I don't have to repeat work to update tickets.
- Remote Support: DameWare makes it easy to remotely manage servers, and assist clients with technical issues.
- Easy Deployment: DameWare makes it very easy to customize an MSI installer for use with Active Directory and Group Policy in order to install the DameWare client on all workstations in our domain.
- WebHelpDesk Integration: One click in WebHelpDesk will launch the DameWare Remote Support software and connect me with a client in need of assistance. When the session is done, the software allows me to update the ticket right from DameWare.
- The only real area of weakness I see for DameWare is the difficulty in setting it up to help clients on other networks or across the Internet. Setting up the DameWare Server can be a bit cumbersome to a less advanced user and it does require some firewall configuration to make work. Compared to items like LogMeIn, join.me, or GoToAssist, this can be difficult for a one-man-shop to set up and maintain.
- DameWare allows for faster resolution of client issues.
- DameWare makes server maintenance and re configuring a breeze.