Overall Satisfaction with Doodle
We are currently using Doodle in two different ways within our company. The first way in which it is being used is the way in which it is intended to be used and it is in that way it has probably been the most efficient and helpful to our company. We can send out a list of dates and/or times to a group of people and have them choose which one(s) would be the best for them to meet. When all votes have been cast, Doodle provides the best choice which allows the most people to attend on that day and/or time. Our company has also used it in its unintended form by doing the opposite and having people pick a day/time that no one else has signed up for. Since it is not what the program was intended to do, it is not as foolproof. However, it does work in a pinch and with small groups who can follow instructions.
- Let's you customize your dates/times and/or other choices for your poll
- Provides you options if you want to give your constituents the ability to view others votes or only their own as well as the ability to vote once or more than once.
- You are able to send the invite to them via their e-mail.
- There is both a free version and a premium version. The free version is able to do most everything; however, the premium version gives the option to see who opened your invites, when they opened them, created events in your calendar, ask for more information, and have no ads.
- The free version is fairly simple and does contain a lot of ads
- Features a variety of languages; however, most of them are European in origin
- Greater turnout at meetings
- More participation in employee events
- Positive employee morale as staff feel as though they are heard and listened to as their schedules are taken into consideration for meetings and events
Doodle would be well suited for any situation that would require a simple survey (such as with a yes/no question) or instant feedback with a qualitative question that could easily be answered. It would also be very useful for any situation that would require a small to medium size group of people trying to arrange a meeting day and/or time. We have even used it to determine what day(s) would work for employee appreciation events if one was trying to use it on a grander scale. It is possible, it just becomes a bit more complicated. It is much simpler with smaller numbers - perhaps under 20.