FireMon - Worth it.
- Security Manager
Overall Satisfaction with FireMon
- Fast analysis of flaws in the rules set
- Dynamic mapping
- Normalize varied platforms into a standard appearance
- Quickly find unused rules and objects
- Useful canned reports
- While you can evaluate potential changes to firewall rules, you can not implement the rules from FireMon.
- The GUI is easy to navigate, but learning where to go for the useful features takes a little practice.
- While the base product has reports for analyzing vulnerabilities, a separate license is required to get the full benefit.
- The primary benefit has been reducing the labor of analysis of rules in both audit and administration. Tasks that took hours now take minutes.
Our primary use case for FireMon was to aid audits of firewall changes and finding weak rules. The base product meets this need 100%. Implementation is easy. Compatibility for all major vendors is present. Support is great. No regrets.
Regular audits are simple. Changing report criteria is possible, but the built-in reports were effective enough.
- Business control: mapping requests for change, authorization for change, and the change that was made.
- Best Practice review: overly permissive rules, shadowed rules, use of "any", etc...
- Change/impact analysis: changes can be review in FireMon prior to production implementation
- The ability to add reports monitoring for specific rules that are no longer approved was unexpected, but useful.
Evaluating FireMon and Competitors
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Requires technical support
- Once configured, the pre-made reports provide immediate value.
- The data from the reports are informative and offer insight into remediation of problems.