Overall Satisfaction with Gainsight
Gainsight was originally purchased to allow our Customer Success team to become more proactive versus just answering emails and issues on a reactive basis. Since its launch, Gainsight has successfully allowed us to do just that. Whereas we attempted to make proactive calls as time allowed and hopefully hit the right person at the right time, we now are able to leverage many of Gainsight's amazing features (actions, scorecards, etc.) to inform us of when customers need to be called on proactively.
- Scorecard is excellent at providing Customer Success Managers (CSMs) the ability to see the health of their customers at any time. By adding in a mix of different behaviors (activity touches, adoption, gut check, survey results, etc.), CSM's identify where we need to do more work to be successful with a client.
- Actions are outstanding at informing us of inactivity or dissatisfaction whether it be lack of engagement with our app for a period of time, lack of engagement on our part for a period of time, or reminders to schedule executive business reviews.
- The ability to send out Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys from Gainsight's application, have it tracked, and then actions built off of the results allow us to promptly reach out to detractors and, in turn, resolve concerns and objectives that may exist.
- These guys are becoming THE experts in the Customer Success field....if not there already. Their Pulse conference is a must attend event.
- As an early adopter of Gainsight, code had to be written for some of our needs...sometimes this code can break. With that said, much of Gainsight has built since we came on does not require as much code (or perhaps no code) to be written. The important thing here is that their support (whether it be their CSM, Implementation Manager, Support department, or even their Chief Customer Officer) is quick to respond and remedy in a timely manner.
- Gainsight is a must-use resource for folks in the trenches (e.g. Customer Success Managers, Account Managers, etc.), however I would like to see additional functionality built out for someone who manages these folks.
- We are much more proactive than ever before
- We can accurately say which customers are at risk for non-renewal
- We have an easier method to know when folks are not engaged with our solution
I was not part of the purchase process as it was added just prior to my start date, however my understanding as to the reason we chose Gainsight over Totango was that our organization felt Gainsight had a better understanding of Customer Success and could be a valuable resource to our organization as we grow our CS department.
If you run or have a Customer Success department, Gainsight is THE tool to use to become successful. I cannot imagine our organization being as successful without it. As for key questions to ask during the selection process, I would simply confirm true timing to get up and running in an effective manner.