Overall Satisfaction with GoodData
We resell GoodData as the analytics component of our SAAS product. Our product services an industry vertical and as such it needs robust analytics highly specific to the use case to be embedded within it. This analytic capability needs to be highly configurable as well.
- Highly visual dashboards
- Very straightforward for users to comprehend and use
- Easy to make changes to reports and dashboards
- Real time analytics are not yet possible
- Managing a large number of client projects as an OEM requires some manual work arounds
- Some admin capabilities such as advanced user data filtering lack UI tools and have to be administered in JSON commands or similar obscure mechanisms
We implemented multiple clients in Birst and GoodData. Birst has some powerful features that GoodData does not have, but the admin overhead associated with Birst is at least double of that in GoodData. GoodData is SO EASY after developing in Birst that our analytics team was literally joyful. We also experienced a lot of quality issues with Birst at that time. GoodData had some quality issues back in the 2012ish timeframe but quality and uptime have been outstanding for many years.
The only missing capability I've seen in other tools is the ability to comment right on dashboards and pass it along with thoughts/feedback.