Overall Satisfaction with HubSpot
As a HubSpot Partner Agency, we use to HubSpot to support all of our inbound marketing tasks. Whether it be for clients or for our own promotion.
- HubSpot takes a bunch of individual tools that you'd have to visit several sites/apps for, and brings them all together in one place.
- HubSpot is incredibly easy to use. After a watching a couple tutorials and tinkering around the site for a day or two, I was able to create landing pages, emails, blogs, and CTAs; schedule social media posts; and create in-depth contact lists.
- Hubspot gives a lot of options to track and measure your site's performance. The charts are easy to understand and showcase some of the most important KPIs.
- HubSpot's blog tool makes it incredibly easy to optimize your blog posts for SEO, and the preview pane is very helpful for making sure everything looks great.
- It's very easy to create workflows and build lead nurturing campaigns - an essential part of any inbound marketing strategy.
- Though I'm not on the new COS yet, there's a few little bugs/glitches when trying to format a post in the old blog tool (i.e. pictures not formatting correctly when put into a post)
- If you clone an email too many times it will store HTML data from the original clone and randomly put it into your new post
- The social media scheduling tool makes it easy to promote blog posts, engage with fans, and monitor social activity. Definitely a time saver and boost to our customer service.
- The new Signals tool is crazy effective at improving lead generation, because it'll tell you pretty much everything you need to know about your lead. Just about the only thing it doesn't tell you is the brand of coffee they're drinking at their desk.
HubSpot is vital to our marketing agency's success. It is the ultimate content management software, and though there might be other competitors with similar products, none offer as many features that are as easy to use. My job would be a total pain in the you-know-what without HubSpot.
When you first start using HubSpot, it's important to spend some time watching the video tutorials and passing the HubSpot certification courses. These will walk you through almost every feature on the site, as well as give you tips on how to use them most effectively. If you get hung up on anything, call their customer service line. Not only are they quick and helpful, but they walk you through everything, tell you why it's not working, and never leave you feeling dumb or embarrassed.
We don't necessarily have any HubSpot-specific experts to troubleshoot the problems other employees are having. This is mainly due to the fact that HubSpot Support does a fantastic job already (much better than any of us would), and there really aren't that many problems to begin with.