Updated December 04, 2014
Score 10 out of 10
- Analysis Studio
- Event Studio
- Query Studio
- Report Studio
- Event Studio, Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Workspace, Workspace Advanced, Powerplay Studio
Overall Satisfaction with IBM Cognos
- Mobile Capabilities: Cognos 10 Mobile supports multiple mobile platforms - iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and Blackberry. The mobile platform is able to filter and report data based on GPS coordinates.
- Integrated Search: Both report content and metadata are searchable and this capability is included in the toolset, and available at no additional cost, in version 10.
- External Data: Data from external sources can be imported, combined with warehouse data, and used in reports without saving the external data in the warehouse.
- Offline Reports: Active Reports allows users to save interactive dashboards that can be viewed offline. Disconnected use of complex reports is a feature many large organizations ask for.
- Microsoft Excel Compatibility: Cognos Analysis allows end users to pull in and analyze data into Excel which may then be imported back into standard Cognos reports and dashboards. What’s more, reports and analysis can be directly pulled into other Microsoft Office products such as Word and PowerPoint.
- Limited options for charts, graphs and other visualizations.