Overall Satisfaction with Jaspersoft
- OLAP reporting is very functional, flexible and efficient. Large volumes of data (millions of rows) can be processed quickly. This allows marketing analysts to slice and dice the data to support decisions about marketing campaigns.
- Dashboards are cumbersome to develop.
- Technical support is hit and miss.
When we originally selected Jaspersoft four years ago, the other finalists were Cognos (could not scale at an affordable price) and Pentaho (reports and security model - not as functional).
We are mostly pleased with the functionality and pricing of Jaspersoft. Also, even if we were not, the effort and cost of migrating to another tool is prohibitive.
- Markets have provided numerous examples of where OLAP analysis led to modifications of marketing campaigns that directly affected the bottom line. Just last week, one marketer reported a change that is now expected to yield a $70-80k improvement over the next 12 months. The largest was a reported $400k improvement several years ago.
- Field managers have reported that they are now more inclined to act on data now that graphical drill-down reports are available.