Landline to VOIP
September 07, 2019
Landline to VOIP
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with GoToConnect (formerly Jive)
We switched all of our business phone lines over to GoToConnect. GoToConnect manages multiple phone numbers and call queues (sales, support) for our business, which are routed to the appropriate department or easily transferred. The queues and auto-attendants have a great, easy-to-use interface, which means we can manage our phone system ourselves vs. having to call into support. Every time I have needed to call technical support, they have resolved our issues quickly. Our previous landline solution limited the number of calls and rings for incoming calls; with GoToConnect, we can now accept a large volume of calls and automatically place customers on hold when we receive more calls than usual. Additionally, we can transfer calls between locations easily, as if the phones were in the same office! The only issue we have had is there was an outage about half a year ago that resulted in us not receiving incoming calls for a few hours. They did acknowledge this on their status page and worked quickly to resolve it.
- Auto-attendant has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to route calls exactly how we want to.
- The price includes all the features (except the Call Center), so we can fully use the system without having to worry about upgrading.
- Pay by the, user rather than by extension, so we can add additional extensions to deal with things like holiday messages and leave everything set up in the system without paying extra for the unused extensions.
- Dial plans allow us to "ping" an external URL, so we can connect GoToConnect to our existing CRM software and pull up customer information automatically based upon phone number.
- The SMS interface needs improvement, especially as it is IMPOSSIBLE to figure out which of our numbers the text was sent to/from.
- The distinction between "hardware" and "devices" in the PBX Control Panel is confusing and, in my opinion, should be merged.
- As we continue to add more phones, users and lines, managing all of them is becoming more difficult. I would like to see a "make multiple changes" or "Apply to all" button so that I don't have to repetitively make changes.
- I would like to see the auto-attendant gain features such as "please enter your phone number to receive a call back" or "enter your customer number to get information about your current order" (i.e. GoToConnect sends the user input to an API, and the API returns the text for the auto-attendant to say). Currently, the PBX can interface with an API, it just cannot send user-inputted variables.
- I'd like to see the mobile app improve to make it easier to transfer calls to other extensions as well as manage multiple calls.
- By integrating with our CRM, we have been able to become more efficient and provide customers with information more quickly.
- GoToConnect is much more economical than our previous phone system.
There are a few confusing aspects of the control panel, such as the difference between "hardware" and "devices", but overall it works quite well and is easy to use. In any UI, there is always room for improvement, and I think overall GoToConnect has done quite a good job.
Support for GoToConnect is mostly off-shore. That being said, the majority of the time I have found their support agents to be knowledgeable, helpful, and quick at resolving our problems. One thing I think they should improve is that, before talking to an agent, they always require a short description to generate a ticket number for follow-up. For bigger problems, this follow-up is appreciated, but for quick questions when it is not needed it becomes more cumbersome to simply ask the question and get a quick answer.
For anyone who needs features such as auto-attendants or multiple lines/phone numbers, I think GoToConnect is a really good choice. We went with GoToConnect because they seemed to offer the best features for the price, and we have not been disappointed. The only scenarios where I would not recommend GoToConnect would be if SMS is essential, as the implementation is in its' early stages and, in my opinion, is not ready for use on a large scale, or if the phone system is required to be able to provide more advanced information to the caller, i.e. "please enter your customer number and PIN to check your balance."