Overall Satisfaction with KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training
We use the Security Awareness Training platform for annual security awareness training, phishing simulations, and ad-hoc training with the organization on security-related topics.
- The platform is very intuitive and easy to configure.
- Integration with Active Directory is a breeze!
- While the training materials and modules are plentiful, they are not customizable. For example, in all modules that reference "hovering" over a link to identify the actual destination, that doesn't work so well and does not convey the proper message to users, when using link re-writing.
- Lacks integration with Microsoft O365 for users that only have mailboxes (that still require training). Although it integrates with Active Directory, many of our users are "email only" and do not have an AD account.
- Inability to "pick-and-choose" which sections within a training module to be used as training for users is unfortunate. I don't always agree with the specific materials in the modules and would rather not confuse users with information that may be contrary to our particular guidance to users.
- In the three years that we have been using the platform, our users have gone from not being able to identify a phishing email to now below our industry-standard for phishing failures!
- Continually performing simulated phishing exercises has definitely improved our user awareness and ability to spot something phishy!
The platform provides adequate fresh training content, but with the lack of customization to fit our needs, we are somewhat limited in the content that we provide our users.
User management is an automated process for us using integration with Active Directory. It lacks the ability to integrate with M365, for those users that only have mailboxes and are not part of Active Directory.
The reporting modules have come a long way in the platform, but we find it easier to simply download the results from the platform and use other reporting mechanisms.
The platform is solid, however, it lacks the ability to customize training modules for our particular use cases. For annual security training, the platform is well suited.