Great Software, Good Pricepoint
February 19, 2021
Great Software, Good Pricepoint
Score 10 out of 10
Power PDF Advanced
Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
The program allows me to easily move pages around in a document, and to redact documents, and extremely important function in my line of work. Without the program, I would not be able to properly provide documents to other factions or individuals I work with without the use of this program.
- The user interface is very user friendly.
- The help function actually takes you to the tool you want to use instead of just explaining how to open it.
- The redaction function, which is very difficult to find in other programs.
- Signature function is not easy to use.
- There is no way to just delete a page with a button, you need to click "delete" then "current page."
- Tab function can sometimes lead to needing to scroll if too many tabs are open.
- The bang for your buck is much better than more expensive programs.
- More web functionality would be great.
- If I had to buy more than one license I'm not sure I would be as happy about the cost.
This is the easiest PDF editing program that I have used. The ribbons are easy to navigate and the search and help functions are great. As mentioned before, there could be some improvement with signature functionality. The typewriter function is also very easy to use and a huge upgrade over the free PDF readers.
Kofax is easier to use than Adobe and provides more functionality (redaction, page assembly, etc.) fundamentally, I'm sure that a skilled user would be able to get the same use out of Adobe as I do from Kofax, but it takes much more time to learn and is definitely not as user-friendly.
I have never had to use phone or email support because the help and search functions are so great and the user interface is so self-explanatory. I think the mark of a good program is no need to use support. Kofax definitely fills that. I can't comment much on support because I've never used it, hence the 8, but I am very happy that I have never had to do so.
Do you think Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)'s feature set?
Did Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) go as expected?
Would you buy Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) again?
The redaction, page assembly, and typewriter features are worth their weight in gold. I also really like the tab feature; it's actually the reason I upgraded from the prior version. Having all the PDFs in one window as opposed to multiples makes it much easier to go between tabs and to move pages around. Extracting and combining PDFs is also a great feature.
The program is very well suited for work that requires using a PDF editor essentially as a word processor; it is less suited for situations where you need to send PDFs or ask for signatures electronically. This is easier done with web-based programs, but it is possible that a more expansive version of Kofax would have that functionality.