October 07, 2013
Senior Manager, Direct Marketing Specialist
Triple Point TechnologyComputer Software, 501-1000 employees
Score 6 out of 10
- Marketo Lead Management
- Marketo Sales Insight
- SFDC integration: Integration with SFDC was very smooth. Sometimes there are updates to either Salesforce or Marketo and we have to go back in and make some changes. It's always very guided and easy to do. I can even make these modifications to the integration without any technical help from IT.
- Landing pages: We do a lot of testing and it's very important to be able to modify landing pages. For example, we make constant tweaks to pages to skinny down the top of our funnel by ensuring that leads are more qualified. It's very easy to modify landing pages to achieve this.
- Batch and blast emails: Marketo is great for doing batch email sends, which is probably what people use it for most. But it's equally good for building drip or nurturing campaigns. It's great that the email functionality is equally strong for both scenarios.
- Reports: I have used other tools in the past like Vtrenz, and then Silverpop when they acquired Vtrenz. By comparison with these tools, Marketo has less breadth of available reports. Another issue with reporting is that it doesn't seem to be possible to view unique clicks and opens instead of gross clicks and opens. It would also be nice to be able to customize reports so that, for example, I could send an automated report to our CMO showing only click data since he doesn't care about opens.
- Customer Service: When I was using Silverpop, I had access to a dedicated account service rep. Marketo does not offer this. I can either call support or submit a ticket, and a random member of the customer care team will be assigned to help. I miss having a dedicated person who had the background on our deployment so I didn't have to repeat information every time. One thing I do like though is that I can call support and talk to someone without entering a support ticket.
May not be in a position to change vendors in 2014, but I would like to be able to run an RFP process just to scan the market and see what is available. This is not because we are unhappy with Marketo, but it's good to keep up with alternative platforms to understand what is happening in the market. For example, I have looked at Act-On and been impressed with what I saw. Overall though, Marketo works well for us.