Many Pros, a few cons, they make up for it most the time
Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Marketo is used only in the marketing department, mainly for email blasts, lead capture, and de-duping. We are heavy users of the engagement engine tools and like to use it to automate a lot of our conversations with prospects. We integrate outside software to post lead data directly into Marketo and to run webinars more effectively.
- Quick response (most of the time)
- Limited, but flexible
- They actually implement ideas from the community over time
- Faster look ups for lead counts (I thought hbase would help but it didn't help much)
- More complex formula fields for leads
- A stretch, but 1:M sync to salesforce? 1 program in Marketo, multiple salesforce campaigns depending on lead source or other properties
Project Orion was supposed to speed things up but it felt about the same. Support has always been good and they are active in the community, taking ideas and making them happen on future product updates.
Marketo is a pretty powerful tool. Sure there are limitations and the cloud is a bit slow at times but they are fast to respond to any issues we have. If there are no solutions to a specific problem, they take ideas for future improvements to the system. Generally if you have been around the system long enough, there is a workaround for almost everything. Not ideal but at least the flexibility is there.