Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting
I spend most of my time in the HR module, but also use the accounting software as necessary. Obviously, accounting and finance spend more time in that portion than I do. HR uses the system for payroll, employee information, and reporting.
- Tracks the grant funds well
- Has a very good reporting system
- Easy for a new person to learn, because it is pretty intuitive for the most part
- The Query function would be better if you could query multiple databases at the same time.
- Occasionally there are glitches that lose or replace some information - it's not often though
- More standard reports could be added, especially in the HR module
- Often, the hold time is long when you have an issue pop up
- The IT people there are top-notch and are able to handle most issues quickly
- It certainly saves us on IT costs
- The Community Brands training and the knowledge base are wonderful tools
I don't use it for that much, as I am generally only in the HR module, but what I have done on the reporting end in the main module and the HR module, especially by using the Query function, has saved me hours and hours of rifling through paper files to pull out the necessary information on the fly. It's great to be able to give a fast turn-around to the Executive Director when he wants something for a meeting.
There is no other software suite out there that we would trust to handle the complicated finance processes that we need to keep a tight handle on.
I was not working here at the time the software was selected, but I believe the only other software they looked at seriously was a SAGE product.
Do you think MIP Fund Accounting delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with MIP Fund Accounting's feature set?
Did MIP Fund Accounting live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of MIP Fund Accounting go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy MIP Fund Accounting again?
Support from Community Brands
I took the Management Setup course, and am signed up for the Management Processing and Report Writer classes for next week. The one I have completed so far gave me some insight on how to better utilize the system.
We had a TERRIBLE issue during (of course) payroll processing and no one here had any idea how to fix it. The first person we talked to at Community Brands didn't know either, but the call was escalated to a more seasoned tech. He knew immediately what the problem was and fixed it for us, right then and there.
We are on-premise. I think that eventually we may wish to switch to the cloud, but it's not in the budget at this time. The only issue with the on-premise version is that we, as the final users, are not able to run the updates. Sometimes (especially at the end of the year) this causes us to delay some year-end reports.