Overall Satisfaction with monday.com
I use monday.com to track, update, and generally manage work-related products.
- monday.com is good at letting me know who is on a project
- monday.com is good at letting me know what the job progress is
- monday.com is good at letting me know the status of a product
- monday.com is not particularly intuitive. You really have to "hunt" and "peck" for the right buttons to update and comment on projects
- Although I'm getting the hang of the software, there is still some confusion as to where my projects are listed. After a few moments of research, I can figure out what is where.
- The "look" (graphics) of monday.com is initially confusing to look at
- Positive - Good for basic organization of projects
- Positive - Good for tracking who is working on a project
- Negative - Layout and arrangement of buttons and tolls for update a bit confusing
- Negative - Quick acquisition of information not intuitive
monday.com is a good system for basic tracking and updating of projects, assignment of projects to end-users, and recording the status of said assignments and their progress. However, it takes a bit of time to figure out how it all works and is not necessarily the easiest system to use. Over time, one can master monday.com, but it takes an effort that is not really supported by the system itself.
I honestly have never used the customer support system, so I cannot honestly comment on this feature. Also, the ability to find Customer Support is not intuitive in this system as well. In the future, I will explore this option as my workload and schedule permit. Again, solutions are found, but it takes a bit of effort.
In general, monday.com is a solid system for managing projects. The ability to assign projects, set timelines, track the status and manage project progress is good and is currently the main tracking system that my company uses for project management. I like the integration with our e-mail structures and, for the most part, is a reliable software that gets the job done. Graphically, the interface is not the most intuitive, the layout is a bit crowded and not necessarily the easiest to figure out if you are new to the process. But, with time, the system can be figured out, and once a user does figure it out, monday.com is very helpful and has become necessary to our organization. Overall, I rate this a 7 out of 10.
Do you think monday.com delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with monday.com's feature set?
Did monday.com live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of monday.com go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy monday.com again?
monday.com is great for organizing large projects and adding/subtracting users onto projects for visibility. Currently, I am working on a presentation project that has a lot of invested stakeholders. However, due to the layout of the information and the number of people involved, at times it looks more confusing than it should be. Graphically, the system could use improvement.