OnBase by Hyland: An Honest Review
February 13, 2021
OnBase by Hyland: An Honest Review
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with OnBase by Hyland
OnBase by Hyland is used enterprise-wide within our organization. Not only is it used for store and retrieve of documents, but we also have many workflow processes for Deposit Account Services, Loans, Wires, BSA, Audit, Human Resources, IT, and Research just to name a few. We also currently have several WorkView solutions for our Project Management Office, Facilities Management, and Information Services.
- OnBase by Hyland offers scalability that we couldn't get anywhere else.
- OnBase by Hyland is low-code configurable. With the right training and effort, great solutions can be built without heavy programming.
- OnBase by Hyland is dynamic in the available use cases. We are able to use it for submitting documentation to sending out audit information for review. Its uses are endless.
- OnBase by Hyland could do a better job vetting out each of the releases to ensure that functional work doesn't break after the upgrade.
- OnBase by Hyland needs to make some changes within their software support team. Turn around of issues or escalating ongoing issues shouldn't take as long as it has taken us on some recent issues.
- OnBase by Hyland feels like many of the departments work within different silos instead of as one organization. I will just leave it at that comment but I do have more that can be said on the topic.
- We were able to combine several other imaging systems into one imaging system at the time of our conversion. This saved us much research and management of online and offline systems.
- OnBase by Hyland provides a "one-stop-shop" for auditors. With a little bit of configuration, everything our auditors need is within the system for most loan reviews.
- Because our solution was deployed enterprise-wide and has been back by Executive Management, it has cut down on the solutions that can reside within different departments for only their business needs. OnBase helps keep departments separated but together in the same solution.
Support has really been a pain point over the last year for our Financial Institution. They need to do better at initial contact once a ticket is submitted into the system. The assignment of the ticket to the most accurate support rep for processing. Lastly, when issues linger for more than 6 months+, there should be some effort by higher management to get to the root cause of the issues.
Do you think OnBase by Hyland delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with OnBase by Hyland's feature set?
Did OnBase by Hyland live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of OnBase by Hyland go as expected?
Would you buy OnBase by Hyland again?
You get out of something what you put into it. You reap what you sow! If an organization will spend time setting the solution up, dedicating staff to its development and ongoing support, and always keep the end-user in mind during development, you will have one of the most well-received solutions in your organization. So many organizations that I speak with stand up a solution but don't commit someone to its upkeep and development. It is vital that you have the staff to work within the solution on a daily basis.
The overall product itself is first class. The Hyland training department and the material provided is first class as well. The solution is scalable and agile. Because a solution can be configured with no coding required, it can meet needs without additional staffing. Solutions with Hyland can also be built on to. So, say you start with a small scan, index, and retrieve function and then later want to add on a workflow piece, you can take the same information, system and add on to the solution. From there, an organization can add on additional functions like work view/case management, advanced capture, and other modules to grow the solution.