Overall Satisfaction with Oracle SCM Cloud
Oracle has various supply chain products ranging from Product Life Cycle Management, Supply Chain Planning, Order Management, Procurement etc. Our clients uses predominantly the Order Management & Procurement Products in supply chain for procuring and selling of their products. The order management products helps to seamless integrate for complete order to cash process. Customer was highly benefitted by the features including searching for orders, viewing the current status of the orders, view summary of exceptions by customer, product or supplier, and it also allows to drill in to additional data details.
- In Order promising options, we have lead time based, available to promise, capable to promise and profitable to promise. So the promising rules will select best available options amongst them to benefit the customer and the enterprise.
- Allocation by demand ensures that the scarce supply of products are reserved for the most important customers which is a value proposition for any organization.
- The entire procurement process can be automated, which will be executed without manual interventions. This will in-turn improve productivity and ensure compliance is followed in each step.
- Excel is still the preferred choice for planning system, as the complexities / product familiarity still works as a bottleneck towards using the Oracle's Product Supply chain engine. Users prefer to work out [rules] in Excel and then apply the same in the system.
- Business requirements are changing at an alarming rate as the dynamics in the world have been changing due to rapid growth of Artificial Intelligence and cloud computing. So Oracle SCM needs to keep pace with this change and try and accommodate these changes in the new product release coming forth.
- Oracle SCM has had reduced the cost by investing money in one single product suite which covers all supply chain management processes.
- Product Maintenance Cost also has reduced significantly as now the customer has one single vendor to look in to their issues related to the SCM Business Processes.
Oracle SCM is best suited for Small & Mid Sized Business, whereas SAP SCM is best suited for large scale businesses. Oracle SCM has Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Supplier Relationship Management (SCM) integrations which is missing in SAP SCM. Oracle supports modular integration and electronic data integration (EDI) which was one of the pre-requisites of the client.
Oracle SCM would be best suited for organizations which require a robust Supply chain planning engine. Organizations having businesses spread across globally or having voluminous business transactions will need proper planning for lean manufacturing of products. Also productivity needs to be increased in such scenarios by automating processes which is readily available with the Oracle SCM Product Suite. The automation also enables compliance to be followed on a broader scale.