November 08, 2016
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with QuickBase
Quickbase allows users throughout the company to quickly track, log, and manage content of all kinds. Exceptions are easily modified or added. I am a Quickbase designer and find the interface to be easy to use for the beginner and has the ability to create something very complex and out of the ordinary for those that want to accommodate all users. Quickbase has third party developers to add additional features and complexity. I also use the QuNect ODBC to allow Access to connect and perform additional functions thought our company and to utilize the MS Office package. The design is strong and the support is awesome.
- The help files are written like a service manual/operator's manual. I was able to read all the documents and this allowed me to be a wealth of knowledge to our company. I was able to learn the API syntax and create duplicate records for my users. I learned the many ways to join tables to include outer joins and one to many to one joins. The online forum and examples were a life saver for me to fully understand how functions work or how they can be manipulated.
- The search engine is awesome. Searching for words, fields, and content is so easy and accurate. The key is to fully understand the Quickbase architecture and being able to communicated this to our users. The "AND" and "OR" Boolean logic when used correctly can be very powerful.
- Forms are very flexible. I am able to create a form with 80 rules and 6 sections to accommodate our users. In service we has technical writers, Engineers, Analysts, Product support, and a Manager. One form can be used to do it all. The Table attached to the form is the backbone. I have over 200 fields to accommodate the 6 sections. This allows the searching in one table to be very powerful. Also the ability to search within documents can be very helpful.
- Being able to change colors for those that are more visual and get irritated by mono colors. I find it difficult to emphasize fields or information
- The Save button is very rigid. I would like the option to make my own Save button to allow functionality and checks other than the norm when a record is saved. To have the default save button in one place on the screen and then try to make a similar button somewhere else can confuse some users that work off reflex other then reading what the button says. Entering data can be made easy but there is always others that want consistency, and the ability to have a very intuitive UI. In my world if it is not intuitive or consistent it may fail as an application.
- Allowing the designer the ability to choose to allow more lookup functions in form roles (currently only 20 allowed) would be helpful. I may choose to slow down speed to allow more functionality to the form.
Yes we have achieved this benefit because it is a cloud based software and easy to use.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs