Overall Satisfaction with Raiser's Edge
We use Raiser's Edge to track donors, alumni, parents, and all constituents with a relationship to our school. It's used to record gifts, communications, actions, and events and to track prospective donors. It is also used to send email and mail communication. Other departments in our organization frequently ask for information from Raiser's Edge.
- Enough detail and flexibility to record varied and complete information.
- The ability to extract data via query and export.
- Admin abilities to quickly change, add, or delete information.
- Online Express has a dated feel when used for email and gift forms, however, it has more flexibility than Raiser's Edge NXT so although that looks better, it is not an alternative.
- Differences in how information is stored in Raiser's Edge database view vs. Raiser's Edge NXT lead to inconsistencies.
- This is not the easiest database for new users to learn with.
- It isn't as compatible with programs like MailChimp as we'd like.
- The giving forms are dated, which has caused us to use a third party for this.
- Limitations due to our set up with spouse records which are difficult to overcome.
- Fewer giving options for constituents living outside the U.S.
Raiser's Edge is very similar to other database programs I've worked with and I wouldn't say it is better or worse. I wasn't involved with our organization's selection of Raiser's Edge, but I believe this decision was made because it is a popular tool with good customer support. Raiser's Edge allows us to take care of most of our data needs.
Do you think Raiser's Edge delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Raiser's Edge's feature set?
Did Raiser's Edge live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Raiser's Edge go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Raiser's Edge again?