Overall Satisfaction with SAP Lumira
We're using it to present data from our SAP HANA and Oracle databases in an attractive, interactive manner. These reports allow users to visualize various parameters of their vehicle fleets, such as maintenance and fuel expenses. For example, they can observe the effect of preventative maintenance spending on overall maintenance costs. One feature we really like is that you can present either a finished report, or allow more ambitious, experienced users to analyze data themselves.
- It allows you to pull together data from various sources in a reasonably intuitive manner.
- A plethora of charting options are available making it easy to match the visualization to the data for maximum impact.
- The user interface isn't 100% intuitive; so it's hard to use right out of the box, but if someone who knows it gives you a tour, you will pick it up right away. We have one person in our reporting department who designed a great, multi-page presentation, and when I asked him how long he'd been working with SAP, he said: "Two weeks".
- The very modern UI is somewhat sparse in the area of tooltips. It's akin to the first time one tries to use Windows 8. But once you figure them out, it's smooth sailing.
- I don't like that the Edit Data Source/Universe Query Panel is completely modal, making it impossible to access anything underneath it.