Threat Monitor - New boy on the blockhttps://www.trustradius.com/threat-intelligence-platformsSolarWinds MSP Threat MonitorUnspecified821012019-02-04T18:27:57.524Z
February 04, 2019
Threat Monitor - New boy on the block
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds MSP Threat Monitor
Threat Monitor is a standalone product from Solarwinds, that doesn't integrate into the main core installation, it is cloud based which means zero footprint on your infrastructure. We currently have threat monitor deployed in AWS, and it's covering our whole environment. It gives us visibility into network traffic, logs and compliance.
- Cloud based so no footprint
- Log collection and correlation allowing analysis
- Log archiving
- Very scalable with a low cost
- Its a fairly new product and its lacking some of the features of more established vendors
- Log searching can be a little chaotic at times
- Some limitations - which I believe are being addressed in the next release
- We're now able to archive our logs, in the cloud and search through events with relative ease. Previously we would have to trawl through servers.
- Alarm intrusion allows us to respond to threats before, rather than after they have occurred.
Threat Monitor is very new on the scene. Its obviously not at the same level as some of the established vendors yet. We also deploy Alienvault for example and its nowhere near the same level as this, however the cost model between these two products reflects that. Alienvault however does have a physical footprint on the environment, whereas Threat Monitor doesnt. If you have the paitence to wait, Threat Monitor will surely only improve over time.