Overall Satisfaction with Solarwinds Service Desk (formerly Samanage)
Solarwinds Service Desk is currently being used by the IT department for both a ticketing system as well as our IT asset management system. We are now able to track our systems as well as attach the assets to those tickets for better tracking on who owns what and what trouble history the system has.
- The overall simplicity of flow for the ticketing system is amazing.
- Being able to track all vendors and contracts is very helpful.
- Having the ability to audit the work process and see who exactly has done what is very helpful as well.
- On the asset management side, it would be great if it also had the ability to push patch updates.
- If there was a built-in remote access tool instead of having to have an account on another platform to have to integrate with
- There are a couple of hardcoded fields in the ticket system that would be great if we could have the option to not show up, such as site (if you only have one site location).
- Users have been more positive towards the IT department's new approaches.
- Visibility and accountability are at an all time high between users and technicians.
- Being able to track all issues with all assets no matter who the machine is transferred to is vital. Keeps very good records of ticket history associated with asset.
The interface GUI is much more technician- and user-friendly on both sides, Solarwinds Service Desk has much more robust features, and pricing was much better than what we were paying for the other services. What we are currently getting for features compared to the cost is much more cost-efficient. Glad we made the switch!
The support team is always available when we need them. I've never had to wait for responses back for any issues that we've encountered. We also get up-to-date information from some of their team members through the built-in chat support on a regular basis right on our dashboard. Very helpful to get all the info in one place.
Do you think SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD)'s feature set?
Did SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD) go as expected?
Would you buy SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD) again?
If you are looking for a system that tracks the entire ticketing process in real-time from start to finish, Solarwinds Service Desk is the tool for you. It has a great embedded chat feature in each ticket that allows for real-time responses between your technicians and the users. The transparency that the tool gives your users is especially helpful so they always know what the status of their ticket is at all times.