Overall Satisfaction with TimeClock Plus
When I started at my current role the entire company was utilizing TimeClock Plus, including salaried team members. Primarily the company was using it for accountability and to keep track of the amount of hours our employees were working and utilize this information for resourcing purposes. This definitely made sense for our hourly team members.
- We were able to have it on team members' personal desktop or accessible on a tablet in the office.
- Easy to clock in and out.
- Had reports that could be pulled for payroll.
- The system would go down periodically and we would have to correct everyones' time.
- Reporting was not intuitive.
- The system was archaic at the time that we were using it. I know that they've done updates since then, however.
- At the time that we needed it, the system did what it promised, it kept track of team members' time.
- We were able to pull reports to see hours worked for payroll.
- It could be easily used by the staff.
We switched to Namely for our HRIS system and they had a time tracking solution integrated within their software which made us no longer need to utilize TimeClock Plus. Namely's time tracking also flowed seamlessly into our payroll which made the process much simpler and easier to use. The reporting is also much easier to utilize.
This is well suited for a company that does not have a time keeping feature within their HRIS system and/or has hourly employees that need hours kept track of. We moved to a new HRIS system that provided an internal time tracking feature and no longer needed to use TimeClock Plus.