Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery
We are a relatively small IT environment, with one central server and user PCs. We use the Unitrends Recovery Series backup appliance to automatically back up both the corporate server and selected user PCs each night. The software actually provides many more features than we need, so getting started was something of an effort. But the hardware and software perform "as advertised".
- Automatic backups
- Easy-to-understand recovery procedures
- Automatic, off-site cloud replication
- Having to download agent software onto individual AIX servers and Windows PCs is less convenient than being able to push updates to the users.
- The entire backup mentality seems to be oriented towards the mindset of a data center vs. a user. Application backups, say at month-end, require some ingenuity to work around the normal backup schedules.
- Retention schedules are set by client. Setting up different retention schedules for separate applications on a single client requires setting up aliases - which feels more like a work-around than an integrated feature.
- With my current software, there does not appear to be any simple way to set up a backup schedule replicating the often-used "backup each day and keep for a week", "backup each month and keep for a year", "backup each year end and keep forever". Doing this requires some very inventive configuration.
- Recovery of individual corrupted or deleted files is fast and easy.
Do you think Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery's feature set?
Did Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery go as expected?
Would you buy Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery again?
We used a tape system. (See prior answer) Unitrends participated in our software user group and came well-recommended by other users in the group.
Probably not appropriate for an IT environment that operates without a full-time IT person. Setting up the backup schedules is not simple. Outside of that, the hardware and software perform well. The recovery process is easy to understand and execute. There doesn't seem to be any real concept of "generation backups".
Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Feature Ratings
Using Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery
1 - Operations management/IT
- Server application software backup & recovery
- Server data backup & recovery
- PC backup & recovery
- User PC's
We just renewed - for the second time.
Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Support
Once getting acquainted with concepts and the user interface, product is relatively easy to use. But I would not recommend it for a non-technical environment. Better understood and utilized by IT professional.
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
We have basic level of support and it seems sufficient for our needs.
We are a small shop without a full-time IT staff. On several occasions Unitrends support provided prompt, patient and competent assistance. From something as simple as locating a power switch to runaway backup processes.