Overall Satisfaction with Workfront
AtTask (now Workfront) was initially implemented in IT but began to spread out to Business management so that they could submit projects and check status. Through it's features of time reporting, portfolio management, and dashboards/reports, Workfront gave the overall organization the ability to forecast budgets, select projects, assign workloads, analyze scheduling implications, report status, and perform resource management.
- Workfront is particularly strong with it's reporting capability. You can schedule reports and have them emailed, create custom forms and fields, and produce quick and nice looking dashboards.
- Resource Management: after some setup to account for holidays, maintenance activities, etc., combining this data with project resourcing gives a total view that can be drilled into and leveled by resource managers for realistic workloads.
- Modern look and feel: nice social media UI, customized views, available integrations, ease of use
- Tool Administration: powerful administration, able to make mass changes, customize emails and notifications, training material for end users
- Customer Service and Updates: fast and helpful customer service, regular useful product updates based on customer feedback
- Need to apply time reporting as progress to scheduling engine
- Need more control and/or notification when adding resource to a project
- User account privileges can be tricky when applying different combinations
- Centralized and up-to-date single source of truth provides many benefits including sharing the status of projects in flight and project requests with both IT and Business.
- Project selection and portfolio management allows for informed decisions about what new work can be taken on and where it fits within the workstream.
- Resource management gives managers the ability to adjust workloads based on time off or project priorities.
- Time reporting and resourcing gives management the ability to look forward to more accurately plot work, priorities, timelines, and budgeting.
- Single system of work management focuses team members on assignments and gives them the ability to collaborate with the team and all related project information.
In comparison with other leading PPM tools, Workfront stands out as easy to use with a modern UI and good training materials. It is reliable and full featured with regular updates, excellent customer service and reporting. Workfront features cover the gamut from project intake and selection, estimations, resource assignment, time reporting, project information management, reporting and dashboards, resource management, and portfolio management.
Workfront is an overall powerful and easy to use tool that provides the enterprise with project selection, portfolio management, budget forecasting, time reporting, resource management, and excellent reporting, dashboarding, and notifications. As a hosted solution, it is regularly updated with useful features, supported by friendly and helpful customer service, has a mobile app, and great training materials.