February 05, 2021
Score 1 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zenefits
We used Zenefits across our whole organization. It was used as our primary HRIS and payroll system. All employees and partners were paid through Zenefits. Our benefits broker was registered with our account so we set up Zenefits to manage our employees benefit elections as well. The goal was to consolidate the multiple vendors and manual work we did before into one platform that did it all.
- Zenefits has a great IDEA
- The sales process was responsive and friendly
- Support doesn't exist once you are a customer
- Tax team has a 3-6 month response time
- Poor Menu/Navigation structure
- Fails to pay taxes on time, results in delinquency notices and fees
- Glitchy UI, sometimes you need to wait a day or two for a section to work again
- Feels like a perpetual beta product, nothing polished about it
- Lost time. I spent more time trying to fix problems than doing many of these tasks manually the year before.
- Lost money. Given the product was a headache, I wasted the onboarding fee, the subscription fee, and am now paying delinquent fees to tax authorities.
- Stress. I've got a company to lead, dealing with payroll issues every month does not help.
Unfortunately, I didn't use BambooHR before I signed up for Zenefits. Now I've switched... night and day difference. Onboarding was a dream with Bamboo. I've had questions and they are eager to talk to me and help me understand the account and resolve and issues or edge cases with payroll.
Anyone who would pick Zenefits over BambooHR has shiny object syndrome, and it'll come back to bite them in a couple months time.
Do you think Zenefits delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Zenefits's feature set?
Did Zenefits live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Zenefits go as expected?
Would you buy Zenefits again?