Likelihood to Recommend
2Checkout is great when you sell software licenses online or when you offer SaaS subscriptions. I don't think it can work in other scenarios.
I haven't used any other platform similar to Recurly, however, I can confidently claim Recurly to be a great tool because it makes work so easy, gives great insights for the marketing team and makes all the metrics easily readable for the management. This is one of the complete platforms which handles end to end work.
Employee in MarketingComputer Software Company, 51-200 employees
- 2Checkout handles credit cards that I would not be able to accept from my country.
- Fraud prevention works. They saved me a couple of times and I appreciate that.
- I always received my payments on time. I never had to complain.
- I get my payments via a Payoneer credit card. Sometimes I would prefer to receive a wire transfer instead but it is not so easy to switch payment methods.
- Payment checking and purchase confirmation take about 10 minutes. It is not too much but for clients, it seems an eternity.
- We'd like to see the revenue statistics update in real time. Currently there seems to be many hours or even a day before the numbers reflect new orders.
Likelihood to Renew
No answers yet
Based on 2 answers
I believe we would continue to use Recurly because they have shown that they are continually improving their software, and they listen to their customers
Employee in Finance and AccountingComputer Software Company, 11-50 employees
Recurly provides far superior recurring billing services. It allows for more sophisticated subscription setup than QuickBooks Online can provide. However, Recurly is not as skilled at invoice customization as QuickBooks Desktop Pro or QuickBooks Online. There is no ability to backdate invoices in Recurly whereas QuickBooks allows you to do so.
Return on Investment
- Conversion rate has grown up since we started using Avangate Digital Commerce
- Refund rate has descreased also
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?