What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
It's best suited for large/multinational organisations with complex networks with limited qualified personnel across every location. However, I wouldn't recommend it for a small organisation with a very simple network architecture.
Feature Rating Comparison
Automated network device discovery
Network capacity planning
Packet capture analysis
Wireless infrastructure monitoring
Hardware health monitoring
- Monitoring the connection; performance, switching, and issues. We use a broadband connection for our primary and a cellular backup for the secondary. While we use routing protocols to make this switch and WhatsUp isn't used for Syslog monitoring. it alerts us within seconds.
- Backup configurations and archiving. WhatsUp does this particularly well. I use it for both Cisco routers and switches.
- The diagram feature is nice. Though I don't use it as much because of the size of our structure, it does come in handy for mapping routes of all traffic.
- SNMP scripting would be one. Unless you are very well versed in SNMP trapping, you will do a lot of reading/playing/tuning to get exactly what you want.
- The all web interface has been a bit of a bummer. They took a lot of the functions from the admin console that made it easy to add/remove certain features quickly.
WhatsUp Gold is an industry leading product providing excellent monitoring and reporting capabilities for systems and resources that allow us as the customer to work proactively before system outages occur, which minimizes potential downtime
Return on Investment
- The ROI was met after alerting us of our first critical space issue, which allowed us to mitigate the issue without the server going down.
Manager in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?