Evernote for everyone
May 29, 2021
Evernote for everyone
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Evernote
Evernote is being used by many students across my organization. It provides a system through which teachers and students can collaborate digitally and teachers can check whether students are making notes in class and paying attention, even in these difficult times where a teacher cannot check a student's notebook physically due to the COVID-19 situation in my country.
- Organization is made easy with Evernote, with the ability to add notebooks, tags, and shortcuts it allows users to find what they need quickly and efficiently
- Evernote allows users to make aesthetic and colorful notes at ease with a simple interface and a variety of colors, fonts, and formats available to choose from
- Sharing notes and collaborating on them is made extremely accessible by Evernote, allowing for effective group work and collaboration in the learning environment
- Sketches and drawings can be better integrated by, for example, removing the grey dots that appear behind any sketch once inserted in the note.
- A larger variety of fonts can be added for the user to choose from.
- Templates can be added for the different note taking styles such as the Cornell method.
- The ability to add and share separate notebooks
- The ability to integrate code, sketches, and photos in the note file
- The ability to add tags and reminders to remain organized and effectively manage one's time
- Evernote has allowed our school's over 3000 students and staff members to work more efficiently instead of spending time on making physical notes, clicking pictures, and uploading them to the cloud in order to share them
- The investment in Evernote Premium has also allowed for heavier files to be attached in each note such as student work that allows teachers to be certain that students have followed deadlines and finished assigned tasks
- Evernote has allowed our school to smoothly transition in and out of online learning as the local COVID-19 protocols change and student work requires one platform to be based on throughout
Zoho Projects and notebook are a simple tool compared to Evernote, allowing for collaboration, note making, and organizing notes. I used to use it earlier as it also has more advanced features for time management and responsibility division. However, I eventually stuck with Evernote due to its wider range of tools like inserting sketches, tables, different fonts, and tags.
Do you think Evernote delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Evernote's feature set?
Did Evernote live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Evernote go as expected?
Would you buy Evernote again?
Evernote is great for taking notes during a class or lecture and for collaborating during a team research project. Overall, I would recommend using it in any scenario that involves note taking apart from annotating a text as its abilities for making arrows and adding comments are currently quite limited.