Score 8.5 out of 10

What is Hopin?

March 02, 2022
We use Hopin for most of our virtual events. We also used it for a few hybrid events, and we plan to use it further in this field. We …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Hopin, and make your voice heard!

Starter

Product Demos

Hopin Product Overview
01:01

What is Hopin?

Hopin is a platform events platform built to support virtual, onsite and hybrid events. The vendor states Hopin's interactive event experience most closely reproduces an in-person event online.

There are core features to each Hopin event: the Reception, Stage, Sessions, Networking, and Expo area — each delivers a unique and personal interaction over live video for attendees, sponsors, speakers, and vendors.

Hopin offers users registration, livestreaming, email, and analytics all included, so there is no need to stack separate platforms. Hopin works with pre-recorded content, live broadcasts, and RTMP streams so users can keep things simple or go all out with video production. Organizers have full access to change anything about their event at anytime.

Whether for users hosting a 50-person meetup or a 50,000 person conference, the vendor boasts thousands of organizations around the world using Hopin to accomplish community and marketing objectives.

Hopin Video

As the any-kind-of-event platform, Hopin can be fully customized to meet the unique needs of every event. So whether hosting a small in-person recruiting event or a global hybrid conference, Hopin is built to bring people closer – no matter where they are. Request a Demo: https://hopin.com/?no_redirect=true

Hopin Competitors

Hopin Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesGerman, English, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Portugese, Spanish

Hopin is an online events platform from the company of the same name in London, that provides tools for virtual events, or hybrid events, like ticketing and registration, limitless event rooms, an expo hall, chat, and networking, as well as event branding and attendee engagement tools. Integrations with online registration tools - such as Cvent, Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, and Eventbrite add event registrations to Hopin. Hopin also provides a mobile that app that supports video networking, real-time participation, and accessibility; the Hopin app is available on iOS and Android.

Airmeet, Zoom, and Webex Events are common alternatives for Hopin.

Reviewers rate Hopin Scalability highest, with a score of 9.

The most common users of Hopin are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

• negative: due to the tickets invoice issue, we had to move the ticket sales to a different platform. This creates confusion for our users
  • positive: lead generation - the reports are very easy to be downloaded, so sponsors are happy
  • negative: technical issues are critiqued by the attendees.
  • positive&negative: they have integrations with other platforms like Restream. We choose that external service because Hopin is very expensive for the same service.
March 05, 2022

Hopin is Hoppin'

Melissa Emler | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Being able to support others with hosting high-quality events has led to more consulting gigs with repeat customers
  • Events have virality so they often produce the next leads
  • People connect well on the platform so it's nice to be seen as connectors who know how to do more than host a sales webinar
  • Before I discovered Hopin, I didn't have a way to get to my audience the way I needed to. Zoom or anything like it wasn't an option. I needed an affordable and secure method to deliver my programs. Hopin enabled me to get a positive ROI on my conferencing investment. First of all, it got me in the game, when I wasn't sure I would be able to. Second, the affordability added extra dollars to my profit. Third, and not a small issue, I've had excellent feedback from clients. They like the system and will not hesitate to work with me again.
Medea Baccifava | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Placed me in a very difficult situation when the opening of an event did not work
  • Hopin kept us in business and gave us an easy to learn and use tool
Nicholas Kouvatsos | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • This one is hard to say. We had a solution before, which was virtually free to use and worked okay for us. I can't really tell if using a high-priced platform like Hopin has increased the revenue brought in over the free solution. We would have to do a true split test where we sent half of our attendees to one platform and the other half to Hopin, and see if the additional spend is worth it. As far as true ROI, it's hard to compete with an infinite ROI since the other solution was free. But using Hopin may result in additional profit, meaning we may have made at least our investment more and then some over what we would have made using the free solution.
  • It is a better solution than our former solution for restricting access only to specific people. When we streamed to a private Facebook group, for example, we had to deal with the built-in distractions of Facebook, and everyone had to have a Facebook account. I feel we may have made it easier for some to attend by streaming these types of events through Hopin rather than Facebook, and therefore increased our reach.
  • Hopin feels like a higher value platform than Facebook to people who paid to attend this event.
John Lawson | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Hopin has allowed us to extend our reach and become a go-to option for event organizers in the genre fiction space.
  • We are able to host multiple events per month, some of which would require a mix of paid staff and volunteers with 10 times (or more! I've been on those teams in the past!) the number of people we need using the tools and automation in Hopin.
  • The immersive experience converts 87% of attendees--either future event registrations or other products and services from us/our event partners.