Reviews (1-1 of 1)
October 21, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
We've been using Memsource to support our clients looking for a simple solution that helps them get their files translated in a timely manner while keeping everything consistent thanks to the use of translation memories, termbases and a commenting feature to handle all context-related queries from translators, proofreaders, and editors.
- It's cloud-based, meaning it will likely work on any machine.
- Not overloaded with features, offers a clean UI.
- Relatively affordable.
- Sometimes it's quite slow, even despite an excellent Internet connection.
- Not all features are available for translators from the get-go, for example, only PM can upload/download a translation memory in TMX format which is quite a hassle if you have translators exporting everything into other tools.
- QA tools are somewhat weak, too many false-positives, which can be very annoying to ignore.
Read Dmitry Kornyukhov's full review
Memsource is perfect for small-medium sized translation agencies that want to handle translation projects more efficiently, while leveraging the power of translation memory. It's definitely not the best online CAT tool on the market, but it gets the job done quite well, although, for their price tag, they could've spent a bit more time on ironing out the user experience.
Memsource Scorecard Summary
Memsource is a translation management system for global enterprises and translation companies wanting to make their localization process more efficient. Founded in 2010, Memsource aims to provide an intuitive yet powerful translation environment which processes two billion words per month from over 200,000 users around the world. The vendor says that 400+ languages, 50+ file types, 25+ machine translation engines, REST API, and patented artificial intelligence make Memsource the TMS used by many brands to reduce costs, automate workflows, and optimize their overall translation process.
Zendesk, Marketo, Help Scout, HubSpot, Adobe Experience Manager, WordPress, Drupal, Atlassian Confluence, Google Drive, Dropbox, GitHub, Gitlab, Git, Box, OneDrive, Bitbucket, Salesforce Knowledge, TYPO3, Plunet, XTRF, Gengo, Hakromedia, Paligo, TransPDF, FTP, SFTP, SharePoint, Azure, Amazon Translate, Microsoft Translator, Apertium, Closed NMT, Crosslang, DeepL Translator, Fair Trade Translation, Globalese, Google Translate, Human Science, Jukkou NMT, KantanMT, MoraviaMT, NICT, Omniscien Technologies, PangeaMT, Promt, SDL BeGlobal, SDL Language Cloud, Sunda MT, Systran, Tauyou, Tilde MT, Toshiba, Yappn
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|Team Start||$27||per project manager / month|
|Team||$200||per project manager / month|
|Ultimate||$350||per project manager / month|
Memsource Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||35%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||20%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
Memsource Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Memsource Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|