SignRequest Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Carter Durham profile photo
Our company utilizes many contractors, across many sectors. Most of them live in other countries, in fact, so we essentially conduct 100% of our business with them remotely. SignRequest has been great for facilitating the signing of contracts, agreements, SOWs, etc.
  • I love how you can embed it in Chrome as an extension (I think that's how it works...). The process of initiating a document is near-instantaneous.
  • The user interface is intuitive and simple; it's only a few clicks to actually work through the whole process of getting a document signed and ready to send off.
  • I love that the recipient doesn't need to do anything other than possess an email address. We send them a contract and they simply receive it and follow the instructions and it's really easy for them. We work with contractors in many different countries as varied as Poland, Mexico, Nicaragua, France, Singapore, the U.K. etc. Not all of them speak English even. But the process of getting a contract signed has never been an issue in our workflow.
  • Because it's tied to Google, I've encountered some weirdness a couple of times if I happen to be signed into a browser window as a different user, etc.
It works great for us; we deal with contractors in different parts of the world and it has been perfect for securing e-signatures from them and having a signed contract that both parties have access to. I'm not sure where it would be less appropriate—perhaps when there are significant legal risks or something of that nature, but with the types of transactions we've been dealing with, it's been perfect.
Read Carter Durham's full review
R. Melissa Masoom profile photo
We use it to send to both our clients and parties on the other side to request signatures. It helps us expedite time-sensitive legal documents without waiting for people to find printers, scanners, etc. Additionally, it allows us to see who has viewed the document but did not sign--something some of us have used in court to show the judge when someone is lying.
  • Shows who has viewed the documents
  • Sends reminders
  • Extremely quick to figure out and use
  • Can be used on a mobile device easily
  • I think the "prepare document" screen can be a little more user-friendly
  • A way to keep the documents organized a bit better on the documents screen
  • I would also love a way to keep the contacts organized--or to transfer contacts from our database to the site
It's great for a law firm--especially ours which is paperless--and for any business that needs reviews and signatures constantly. I have recommended it to courts, my general contractor working on our house, and to other law firms that have a hard time getting us their clients' signatures. I think most businesses would benefit from SignRequest!
Read R. Melissa Masoom's full review
Ben Caplan profile photo
At our agency, we employ SignRequest to solve the problem of getting customer acknowledgment and signatures when they're either unable to come into the office, or if they would like to save a trip in. As of now, our office is the only office running this system so we can test the program and relay the benefits back to make an organizational decision.
  • Sign and share with more than one person.
  • Add specific places for information to be entered by the customer.
  • Store documents and notify the sender when they are sent, opened, and signed.
  • I would like if there were some more features for data entry.
  • It would be nice if you could upload multiple documents to sign instead of merging them into one file before sending.
  • I don't know if there is a functionality to do this, but it would be nice to send a followup attachment after a file as signed as a confirmation, or use automatic actions after a signature is received.
I firmly believe that if there is a need for customer or client acknowledgment or signatures for your business, it would be hands down a great decision to at least try this program on its free version to understand the benefits. Remote signature or initials are a must-have for today's instant society.
Read Ben Caplan's full review
Meredith Brough profile photo
SignRequest’s services are being used by my small coaching company to protect my assets and trade secrets, avoid unnecessary legal liabilities and hold my clients to their part of the contract (their financial commitments and responsibility to take action). Receiving a signed and completed contract is imperative to my company as I gain new clients. Sending contracts to be signed in such a convenient way makes this important step feel effortless for all parties.
  • Convenient uploading of documents.
  • Edit documents quickly and easily.
  • Receive a receipt of contracts via email and on the SignRequest website.
  • Send email reminders to clients.
  • I would like if it allowed me to go back in and edit the document and resend it to the client.
Having few employees means there isn’t that much time to accomplish day to day tasks. I need convenience, reliability, and I want to know that the service will do its job well and always be functioning properly. If you need to get your documents signed quickly and easily, this is the ideal service! If you want a service that is reliable and working efficiently at all times, this is it!
Read Meredith Brough's full review
Matthew Veil profile photo
We are a digital marketing agency and we use SignRequest as a low-cost alternative to the other software out there. I wouldn't be opposed to using the other software, it's just that the pricing versus how much we use it doesn't justify the expense right now. SignRequest is a nice and very easy to use alternative plus it's free to begin with. We also had developed our own WordPress e-signature program and every once in a while it doesn't work due to bug issues, so again the fact that SignRequest is on its own website is a nice alternative.

Great for people starting out with online e-signature programs.
  • Easy to upload documents to sign both as a pdf and as a word document.
  • Very simple features which allow me to set the contract up within a few minutes.
  • Toolbar on the right side for additional details needed.
  • Not the most mobile-friendly. My customers have had issues with signing it on their mobile devices, but it still works.
  • Only other suggestion is that to adjust the contract typing for larger fields as the fields' inputs can appear small when signing.
  • Maybe have an "initial only" field. I know I can do it with the signature, but it looks kind of off in my opinion.
Well suited for small businesses who are just starting out with e-signature or online signatures. Online service-based businesses that don't bring on a lot of customers every month would like the low-cost feature of SignRequest. I am able to work with people all around the world with SignRequest esignature program. In addition to having clients sign proposal agreements and contracts, I also use it for subcontractor agreements.
Read Matthew Veil's full review
Fred Saunders profile photo
SignRequest is only being used by myself at this time. It addresses the issue of getting a signature on a document fast and efficiently eliminating the need for snail-mail.
  • Easy to prepare documents for signatures and dates.
  • Receive emails with attached PDF of signed documents.
  • Very fast and easy to get a document sent for signatures.
  • Not being able to paste an email address is an issue.
Good for small businesses or individual users.
Read Fred Saunders's full review
SignRequest was used in our organization to send out sales proposals for e-signature to clients. This solution was tied into our CRM system, Salesforce, so that sales representatives could produce a proposal directly from a sales opportunity. It allowed our sales representatives to have all the information needed to formulate proposals in one, easy to access place and gave all the security features that SignRequest has built into their signing process.
  • e-Signatures- Businesses are all working online today. Paper contracts are becoming more and more obsolete, so you need a solution that provides online contracts.
  • Price- SignRequest has one of the more attractive price points for businesses.
  • Usability- Our team was able to figure out how to use SignRequest without too much hassle, although some competitors have more intuitive products.
  • Salesforce Integration- Not as strong as some competitors. Pulling in custom fields, and other changes can be difficult to make.
  • Team Usage- We sometimes got team versus personal settings mixed up during use.
  • Templates- Reproducing templates can be time-consuming.
If you are just sending on-boarding or straight forward contracts, SignRequest is great. If you need to edit your templates each time you use it, or if you are integrating into a CRM system, SignRequest may not be your best option. The price point is very attractive to small or mid-sized businesses, so I definitely suggest getting a demonstration if it looks like it could solve your problems.
Matthew Finneran profile photo
Sales used it. We would use it to send out NDAs and order forms. It makes it very easy to get signatures without having to print, sign, scan, fax etc. If you're looking for a really lightweight solution that helps then you can start with SignRequest. They even have the free plan that's nice because you can just start out using it and then when you want more advanced features you just upgrade. No contracts.
  • Easy to drag and drop signature fields
  • Supports almost all mainstream document types
  • Easy to remind people to sign
  • Sometimes dragging around the boxes for signing can be finicky.
  • Occasionally when you re-size the boxes that makes the text really big or small depending on how you adjusted it.
Sales teams that send out NDAs and Order Forms frequently. Really nice if you're always collecting signatures.
Read Matthew Finneran's full review
Becky Burgess profile photo
SignRequest is used in all aspects of my business from client contracts and agreements to collaboration projects with other businesses in our niche. We were looking for something easy to use for ourselves as well as the people we work with. SignRequest has made it easy to upload documents, customize who needs to focus on what areas, and even send out to multiple people within the same organization at the same time. Then, SignRequest sends the final signed document and I'm able to attach this to client invoices.
  • SignRequest is extremely user-friendly and its interface is smooth and straightforward. It takes the guesswork out of sending contracts and agreements online for review and signatures.
  • SignRequest is easy to set up and customize. I truly like how well its setup is structured. I've had zero issues uploading documents and customizing them.
  • SignRequest also allows you to save documents and use over and over. I really liked this feature as we send a lot of a similar contract out to our clients. We are able to change the amount and tweak the client information quickly and streamline the process.
  • SignRequest sends a final signed document after reach party signs it. I like adding this final PDF to our invoices when we send it out so our clients can keep a digital record of our agreements.
  • It may be helpful to have an open feature similar to HubSpot's' email app. It lets you know when someone has opened the document or email for review.
  • Honestly, this has been the only online document tool I've used that I love completely. It's very hard for me to find something negative.
I've used SignRequest in all areas of business and personal life. It's easy to use, convenient, and won't break the bank. I use it to send contracts and agreements to clients, contractors, collaborators, and vendors. It's lowered our on-boarding time with new clients by 50%. SignRequest lets me send customized contracts to several clients at one time. I also like that they send out the final signed copy in a pdf. I take this and upload to the client's invoice before sending it as a final step for my records and that of my clients.
Read Becky Burgess's full review
Robin Bull profile photo
I recently used SignRequest to create and send digital contracts, non-disclosure agreements, privacy policies, and confidentiality agreements to a couple of independent contractors I wanted to work with. I sent a total of eight documents (four for each contractor). The purpose of the software is to allow companies to collect digital signatures on documents.
  • Easy to upload and rename documents
  • Really easy to mark where documents should be signed
  • Easy to monitor the progress of the documents
  • Lets you know via email when the documents are signed
  • Despite contractors signing the agreements, the system continued to send the same agreement over and over without prompting it
  • One contractor didn't receive all of the documents and I had to resend them twice
  • I had to kind of click around to figure it out because there's not much of a walk-through on how to use it. Once you figure it out, it's really easy
  • Support is lacking. I emailed to ask about why the system kept sending out the same contract over and over after it was signed and I never received a response to that
SignRequest is well suited for someone looking for a really easy way (and affordable way) to get digital signatures on business documents. I think it's better suited for small businesses. I had four documents for two people. I had to upload them twice (once for each person). It think that if you're a company that deals with a lot of contracts, that could get tedious. I had to go in and make changes to each contract and name it to track it to the right person. But, again, for the price, it's really easy to use.
Read Robin Bull's full review
Matthew Mullane profile photo
I recently used SignRequest while working with my realtor on a housing purchase. I lived several states away, and SignRequest made it incredibly easy to move quickly on my offer within a very competitive housing market. I have been so impressed with SignRequest, that I'd like to start using it in my family medicine practice as an E-Sign option for patient documents.
  • Quick and efficient technology, good user interface. SignRequest really does well to position electronic signature services as the time-efficient future for legal and consent documentation needs. No more going to print, sign, scan, and send documents...this is much easier.
  • Clear instructions for use, making it easy for new users to quickly understand how to correctly use SignRequest to accomplish time-sensitive tasks.
  • Makes sure users understand how to access their signed documents through their account. This provides a great, cloud-based resource in which users can keep their important signed documents.
  • Not many cons to this product. It is really answering a need for esign services that reaches across multiple industries. Can continue to work on smoothing out the user experience even more (with multiple log-in options and easy ways to go back and retrieve documents, for example). I'm really stretching to provide cons, because the product really is top-notch.
SignRequest is very useful for quickly signing housing (ex. rent), banking, loan, and realtor documents, especially in this age where everything is moving towards e-services. When employing a tech-savvy service such as an E-Sign product, the last thing you want is for your client to feel overwhelmed by technology, or confused by the product platform. SignRequest keeps it simple and gets the job done, much more quickly than the outdated "please print, sign, scan, and return these documents". I plan on using it for e-signing consent documents in my family clinic, given how easy it is to use.
Read Matthew Mullane's full review
Darrell McTague profile photo
I use SignRequest in my own private online personal training business, separate from my day job at the gym. I have SignRequest linked into my virtual coaching platform via an automation tool - when I sign up new clients, they're automatically sent their agreement as well as a waiver and other personal training-related documents to sign and date. It's quick, easy, painless, and hassle-free - I don't have to think about it! Sending these documents individually to each new client would be cumbersome - SignRequest makes it realistic to scale up my business.
  • Completely customizable input fields. You're able to determine what kind of information you want, where and what size you want the field, and whether it's mandatory or not. You can even indicate in what order you need people to sign!
  • Integrates with automation tools. I use SignRequest with a popular automation tool in order to link it with my virtual coaching platform. This makes life infinitely easier and allows me to scale my business up without scaling up the hassle and workload.
  • Low Price Point! SignRequest offers a WEALTH of features for quite a low price point.
  • Honestly, I haven't really found much. I'm not a fan of with the platform. If they decide to offer it for free I wouldn't argue, though! hah.
The only scenario I can think of that would be inappropriate for SignRequest would be one in which you require a more intimate and personal setting - perhaps one which requires you to go over a contract or agreement with a client and have a conversation. SignRequest is great for quick and easy agreements, contracts, waivers, etc.
Read Darrell McTague's full review
Carolyn Eckman profile photo
I use SignRequest for securing contracts with clients for my consulting agency where I am the sole proprietor. I love how quickly I am able to deliver contracts to my clients and receive them back signed and secured. I love that I can easily store and save them automatically into my records for easy reference.
  • Easy to insert form fields.
  • Easy and secure document delivery to my clients.
  • Automatically sends fully executed documents.
  • I love the color coading which designates who signs where.
  • I love how easy it is to set up a sign order. Who signs first, second, third, etc, and that SignRequest handles all of the document delivery and records the whole signing process perfectly.
  • I would like text notifications included in the free version.
  • I would like an affiliate program since I recommend it so often to my clients and colleagues.
  • I would like a better mobile interface.
SignRequest is well suited to anyone with standard contracts that can be delivered and signed electronically. If you require wet-signed documents, SignRequest is not for you.
Read Carolyn Eckman's full review
SignRequest is used in my organization mainly for getting valid signatures on HR-related documents. I use SignRequest in the onboarding process to send out offer letters and onboarding documents to new employees as well as to send things like Employee Handbook Acknowledgements to current employees. We use the app as a cost-effective way to get legal signatures electronically. We use the free version of SignRequest so I am not able to send multiple documents at a time.
  • Cost-effective
  • Legal signatures (allows for people to draw in signatures rather than just providing text options)
  • Signing log provides exact dates & times for when documents were signed
  • Easy to use interface
  • Clunky UI when filling in documents that require long-form responses. (Doesn't allow for entering of multiple lines at one time; lots of clicks required to complete a document with many fields)
  • In the free version, can only send one document at a time
  • Well suited for smaller organizations that need a cost-effective way to manage electronic signatures. Not appropriate for organizations that need to send out a large amount of documents.
  • Not well suited for completion of complex/long-response documents because of the UI. Best for documents that require a simple entry, like a sign and date field only.
We used SignRequest strictly for management contract signatures for our clients, in an ordered signature fashion. We only have 1 department, and largely just myself sending these requests.
  • SignRequest made my workflow easy. Creating a template for the 1 doc we needed signed, and it was easy to plug in signees easily, quickly and assign the correct order.
  • With my small use case for SignRequest I can't think of anything that could be improved, except possibly easier integration with multiple CRMs to store docs in one place.
[Well suited for a] Small business. SignRequest is incredibly easy to configure and use in no time at all. If you don't have a lot of tech experience in your company this is still easy to implement quickly.
Sam Kin profile photo
We use signrequest for all our contracts, internally and externally. It saves paper and time.
  • Highly accessible, also for people who are new to the tool (the ones you send your contracts to, to be signed)
  • Easy to add text and/or symbols to your contracts
  • Fully web based
  • Automatic reminder emails for contracts that are waiting to be signed
  • Very suitable for all internal contracts, like employee contracts
  • Less appropriate when dealing with external parties that are less used to digital signing
Read Sam Kin's full review
Robine Talboom profile photo
Within the company all departments are using SignRequest. Sales started using SIgnrequest for clients. Not long after that all agreements within the company (e.g. employment contracts) and between partner companies were also signed with Signrequest. Above all, it saves al lot of time because we do not have to print out contracts anymore. Storage of documents is easier and the sales cycle is shortened.
  • Shortens the sale cycle. Quotes come back signed faster.
  • SignRequest indicates the stage of the document e.g. if a customer received the contract, read it, or already signed it.
  • The availability of a signing order makes it perfect for internal (audit) use.
  • Sometimes it takes a while before documents are uploaded.
  • Not all customers understand the process of signing the first time.
Perfect for fast processing of agreements. Furthermore it saves my manager a lot of time in signing for the day to day contracts that need to be signed. The audit log makes it very thrusworthy and a huge improvement over hardcopy storage
Read Robine Talboom's full review
Michel de Koning profile photo
I am personally using SignRequest together with a few colleagues and hope it will be implemented and integrated company wide. Especially working at an international company where a multitude of people need to approve and sign, it can be quite a hassle if this is done the old fashioned way. This means the same document can be printed, signed and scanned easily as many as four times. That's a waste of paper and time. With signrequest this process belongs to the past.
  • Ask multiple people to sign the same document in one go. Signrequest takes care of the order and workflow.
  • Allow signing multitude of document formats. Digitally signing a pdf for example is not straightforward for most people. With this tool it's peanuts.
  • Clear 'track and trace' functionality for monitoring all the documents sent out for signing.
  • When I started using it, 'drag and drop' functionality did not always work. They seem to have fixed this problem as it hasn't occurred anymore.

Especially when multiple people not located close to each other need to sign a document, it can be quite a hassle to get all the signatures the old fashioned way. Also, sometimes even simple (internal) documents need signatures which really can do without the printing, signing and scanning. It should be easy and quick.

When using signrequest externally it depends on the client if they are ready to use it or not. Not everybody is up to 'digital' speed, so to say.

Read Michel de Koning's full review

About SignRequest

SignRequest is an e-signature platform. The vendor promises e-signing that is easy, fast and legally binding while maintaining the highest standards of security.