Snag (formerly PeopleMatter + Snagajob) is a recruiting and workforce management platform designed to fit the specific needs of service-industry brands. Users can find applicants, hire employees, train workers, schedule teams, and evaluate performance using the Snag platform.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/Sk/Tg/MI9APCG51MKK.JPEGSnagajobHiring is a Snag with Snag2019-05-18T20:35:25.627ZSnag is being used by the whole organization. It is very helpful in keeping track of all applicants and making a paperless hiring decision a breeze. The platform also assists us by keeping us on track with the company required training. Most importantly, it does the personality test during the application process, which makes the choosing of a right candidate much easier.,Storage of hiring documentation. Uploading of training documentation and progress meter. E-verify and other legal documentation reminders.,Can have a better User interface. More/different levels of personality tests, based on the skills required for a position. More user control to hide/view documentation available to users.,10,We have reduced the followups with hiring almost by 90%. With reduced follow-ups, we don't have to have multiple people wasting their time on making sure that all hires have completed the required documentation. We had zero failures in missing hiring documentation. No more paper performance appraisals. Everything is online and easily trackable.Amulya SinghPeople Matter Review2018-03-30T15:59:39.695ZWe use People Matter for onboarding throughout our entire company.,Customer Service is exceptional. They get back to you promptly and are very knowledgable. If they don't know an answer, they will find it. Their integration team is amazing. They know all of the right questions to ask, and are easy to deal with. Their onboarding system is seamless. They keep your state and federal documents up to date and it's easy to navigate.,Their reporting is not what it should be. You can't filter on certain reports, and it makes it difficult to get the information you need. They have partnered with Reliant for Perform, and the transition between the two was difficult.,8,I'm not sure I'm not sure I'm not sure,CrunchTime!, HotSchedules, Aloha POSKim MartinezPeople Matter is my life saver.2015-03-05T01:17:48.355ZWe use PeopleMatter for all of our hiring and on-boarding. It has been a huge help for me. We have 250 employees and I go through 14 employees every two weeks. I love that PeopleMatter is always evolving. They have quarterly updates and they do listen to their clients and their needs.,Quarterly Updates Paperwork interaction from Manager to Employee Hiring / Application questions and testing,I wish the reports had a little more customization. I know they have already improved them since we have been using them but they're just not there yet. Links for the Employee's to be able to contact HR or Payroll Employee Dashboard having more functionality for them.,8,Our pool for applicants has been improved. Our turn over has decreased. Our onboarding is more efficient.,In House,,3,Hiring Testing Onboarding,Testing Policy Acknowledgment Going Paperless,More Paperless More Training Options Document Customization,10,Implemented in-houseAnn MansfieldWhy PeopleMatter2015-07-27T19:44:48.296ZPeopleMatter is used by our company to locate prospective associates; hire them using the onboarding process instead of costly hire packets, and then to provide online learning.,The assessments in the Hire module allow managers and supervisors to choose from applicants who are suited for our line of work. The onboarding process allows our company to avoid costly printing of hiring packets. The Learn module allows us to reach all of our associates with the same material at one time, which allows consistency throughout our stores.,Honestly, it is hard to find anything that needs improvement. Each time we have had an issue, it is resolved quickly. We wished for a better support page, it will be coming soon. We asked for a performance module, we begin BETA testing in a few weeks.,10,Definitely a positive ROI as we have a larger applicant pool to choose from, assessments geared toward key points in our business, and the Learn module, which has helped to reduce our turnover.,Searching applications Verifying that all hiring requirements have been completed Pulling reports for onboarding, learning, and separations,None that I have found so far,Yes, but I don't use it,10Kryste HerringPeopleMatter Best in Store2016-07-28T17:08:52.542ZPeopleMatter is utilized for all hiring and onboarding across Charlotte Russe, for stores, distribution center and the corporate offices.,PeopleMatter is a very intuitive and easy to use hiring and onboarding solution, with particular strength in serving the retail store environment and the challenges associated with hourly workers. PeopleMatter is highly customizable for the store environment. With an easy workflow and custom assessments, store managers have gained time back to focus on driving sales, and higher quality candidates have led to reduced turnover and shrink results. The team at PeopleMatter is top notch to work with, from implementation to support.,PeopleMatter is a leader in store hiring for retail, restaurant and hospitality. The corporate solution is not fully built out, creating the need to modify hourly workflow in the professional hiring space. While the system is highly customizable, one workflow has to accommodate all areas of the organization. All locations and functions don't operate the same, so it is a clunky process.,9,PeopleMatter has had a significant positive impact on store turnover and improvement in inventory results. The store manager population has only positive feedback about PeopleMatter and how it has made their jobs more productive and efficient.,Cornerstone and TaleoKelly Wilson
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>
Reviews (1-14 of 14)
Vendors can't alter or remove reviews. Here's why.
May 18, 2019
Snag is being used by the whole organization. It is very helpful in keeping track of all applicants and making a paperless hiring decision a breeze. The platform also assists us by keeping us on track with the company required training. Most importantly, it does the personality test during the application process, which makes the choosing of a right candidate much easier.
- Storage of hiring documentation.
- Uploading of training documentation and progress meter.
- E-verify and other legal documentation reminders.
- Can have a better User interface.
- More/different levels of personality tests, based on the skills required for a position.
- More user control to hide/view documentation available to users.
Read Amulya Singh's full review
Snag is suited if you are struggling with maintaining employee files, and also if you would like to review all hires and their documentation to have better control. This is an awesome platform. If all of the processes are followed, an organization can completely eliminate paper for hire. This also makes sure that individual entities are following proper rules and regulations to be compliant with state and federal laws.
March 30, 2018
We use People Matter for onboarding throughout our entire company.
- Customer Service is exceptional. They get back to you promptly and are very knowledgable. If they don't know an answer, they will find it.
- Their integration team is amazing. They know all of the right questions to ask, and are easy to deal with.
- Their onboarding system is seamless. They keep your state and federal documents up to date and it's easy to navigate.
- Their reporting is not what it should be. You can't filter on certain reports, and it makes it difficult to get the information you need.
- They have partnered with Reliant for Perform, and the transition between the two was difficult.
Read Kim Martinez's full review
People Matter is a great system for recruiting and onboarding. The application process is easy, you can change the fonts and colors of the system to match that of your company. You can add any logos you want. It is very customizable. The navigation of the set up is easy to understand. If there is something you can't figure out, all you have to do is send an email and they will help you.
July 29, 2016
We use PeopleMatter for all of our hiring and on-boarding. It has been a huge help for me. We have 250 employees and I go through 14 employees every two weeks. I love that PeopleMatter is always evolving. They have quarterly updates and they do listen to their clients and their needs.
- Quarterly Updates
- Paperwork interaction from Manager to Employee
- Hiring / Application questions and testing
- I wish the reports had a little more customization. I know they have already improved them since we have been using them but they're just not there yet.
- Links for the Employee's to be able to contact HR or Payroll
- Employee Dashboard having more functionality for them.
Read Ann Mansfield's full review
I think that if you are deciding on whether to use PeopleMatter for your business then you would need to look at all of the features and see if it covers your business. We are a business that has multiple locations and different levels of positions. So the program is perfect for us.
July 29, 2016
PeopleMatter is used by our company to locate prospective associates; hire them using the onboarding process instead of costly hire packets, and then to provide online learning.
- The assessments in the Hire module allow managers and supervisors to choose from applicants who are suited for our line of work.
- The onboarding process allows our company to avoid costly printing of hiring packets.
- The Learn module allows us to reach all of our associates with the same material at one time, which allows consistency throughout our stores.
- Honestly, it is hard to find anything that needs improvement. Each time we have had an issue, it is resolved quickly. We wished for a better support page, it will be coming soon. We asked for a performance module, we begin BETA testing in a few weeks.
Read Kryste Herring's full review
PeopleMatter has something to offer for any business out there. It allows hiring managers to locate applicants quickly; it's easy to use to complete hiring tasks and the Learn module allows consistent company training across all locations. Best of all, they have a wonderful support team who will assist you with every step if you need it.
July 28, 2016
PeopleMatter is utilized for all hiring and onboarding across Charlotte Russe, for stores, distribution center and the corporate offices.
- PeopleMatter is a very intuitive and easy to use hiring and onboarding solution, with particular strength in serving the retail store environment and the challenges associated with hourly workers.
- PeopleMatter is highly customizable for the store environment. With an easy workflow and custom assessments, store managers have gained time back to focus on driving sales, and higher quality candidates have led to reduced turnover and shrink results.
- The team at PeopleMatter is top notch to work with, from implementation to support.
- PeopleMatter is a leader in store hiring for retail, restaurant and hospitality. The corporate solution is not fully built out, creating the need to modify hourly workflow in the professional hiring space.
- While the system is highly customizable, one workflow has to accommodate all areas of the organization. All locations and functions don't operate the same, so it is a clunky process.
Read Kelly Wilson's full review
PeopleMatter is well suited for location based, hourly hiring, and I would highly recommend it for onboarding in any scenario. It is not well suited today for corporate or professional recruiting. The onboarding and compliance components serve all audiences very well.
July 26, 2016
We use Peoplematter throughout our whole organization including some of our franchise stores. We use the Learn, Hire, Perform modules as well as background checks, assessments, everify and have various integrations with other POS systems. Peoplematter has helped save time with duplicate entry, date error entries, administration work and has created an ease of use system that our restaurant managers enjoy using.
- Simplifies the On-boarding process. Easy to find and sort through applicants based on the individual store needs. Ensures all onboarding is complete before moving forward with the new hire.
- Integrations aid us in ensuring data flows through all systems based on our needs. Ensure the data is correct and duplicate entries no longer need to be made.
- Customer service is quick to answer and solve your questions.
- System is simple to use, our restaurant managers love the look and feel of the product.
- The Learn Module could use some attention. Would be nice to have sample courses to use that would be generic to certain business types. Would be nice to be able to modify tests and modules without needing to recreate them. Would like the ability to print test questions and answers for our records.
- Integration seems to be overloaded. Would be nice to have a point person for integrations specifically. All integrations are so different. Would be nice if that individual could keep an eye on our account and be proactive when certain items stop working due to upgrades, etc.
- A better solution for rehires. Be able to know if an applicant has already been in the system to ensure multiple workfiles aren't being used.
Read Robin Carlson's full review
Peoplematter is a great solution for companies who want to save time and money on the onboarding process. It is a very simple solution that will really aid your managers and HR with their daily duties. It provides relief by ensuring the W4 and I9 are filled out accurately, plus additional onboarding items. It integrates with job boards making posting jobs a breeze. It has great reporting functions to help track where your new hires are coming from, turnover, assessments scores, etc. Honestly, I feel PeopleMatter's Price Point makes this product valuable to any size company or business.
July 20, 2016
Snag Review: "If you're looking for something that does everything -- It's PeopleMatter that's got your back!"
For our two restaurants in Northern California, PeopleMatter has been a lifesaver! Their system tracks all of our onboarding needs from applications, scheduling interviews, to hiring and all the paperwork that comes along with it. PeopleMatter always keeps up-to-date with all the new forms, so I never have to make sure I have the newest version. One of the best aspects of this site is the alert feature! It shows me if someone is overdue on completing their documents and with the constant coming and going of new employees this has taken the need for a second person to help me look over it out of the equation. The fact that everything is done and stored electronically is very helpful especially for all the HR and payroll aspects of my job. I just have to sign in, do a quick search for an employee, and all of their information is stored right there. PeopleMatter also has other features we do not currently utilize such as scheduling for employees and tests and quizzes to test the employee knowledge of products and services. Other restaurants that are part of our corporation use the testing feature and love it! Now one thing that is important to me is customer service, and PeopleMatter has a wonderful support team. I remember struggling to use the new system at first and the support staff was able to guide me through every step of the way. PeopleMatter has definitely been worth it and we plan on keeping our services for as long as we possibly can!
- Job listings
- Testing services
- Support team
- I wish PeopleMatter had an option to limit the visibility of attachments. The MyDocuments section allows one to upload important documents pertaining to the employee but because we use PeopleMatter like an online employee file... there are just some things the employee does not need to see.
- PeopleMatter has an option to have the employer upload documents they wish new hires to view and sign before their first day (i.e. policies, handbooks, etc.). However, it would be nice to make certain documents available to the job that the document pertains to. For example, there is a delivery driver statement that should be reviewed and signed by delivery drivers but this document shows up for all the other positions too such as for servers, cooks, and bartenders who do not need to read or review this document.
Read Ashley Reilly's full review
I have only used PeopleMatter for the restaurants I work for now and it is very helpful for the amount of employees we have. I feel that PeopleMatter would not be the right choice for super small business with only a few employees.
July 28, 2016
We use PeopleMatter to schedule our 70+ employees and as a form of communication. It gives us an easy way to reach specific employees, specific positions or all employees at once with company updates, events, protocol changes etc.
- With so many positions in our restaurant it is nice to be able to send messages about specific positions to specific people as opposed to everyone in the company when certain protocol changes may not pertain to them.
- As a manager/admin I have easy access to all employee info via the PeopleMatter app. All your phone numbers and email addresses are in one place.
- PeopleMatter makes it extremely easy for employees to pick up and give up shifts via the PeopleMatter app.
- The PeopleMatter app should allow all employees to have access to an employee contact list.
- Action items should be able to be opened via the PeopleMatter app.
- Employees should be able to update their own availability as long as they meet the company requirements.
Read Jose Sifontes's full review
With 70 plus employees and a minimum of 12 employees on shift at a time, shift changes are constantly happening. It is nice to be able to go on the app at any point in time and update shift offers. This updates the schedule immediately and allows my managers to constantly be aware of who is working on their shifts.
July 26, 2016
Score 6 out of 10
PeopleMatter is our HR System that is used across the entire organization. We use to process hires, promotions, transfers, schedules, assessments for hiring, and processing background checks. It doesn't function as a true HRIS system so we use it to the best ability for the functions that it does give us along with reporting. The reporting functionality is very user friendly. Also PeopleMatter has a great help desk support team who are always eager and willing to help with any issues that may occur.
Read Mercedes Rogers Malone's full review
Well suited for restaurant and retail that deal with schedules.
March 16, 2016
We have four restaurants and the managers at each restaurant use PeopleMatter to filter through applicants, hire new employees, complete on-boarding, and they also use the schedule feature to publish their schedule and monitor their labor targets. Here at the home office we are able to review all the information and make sure paperwork is being completed and schedules are being written efficiently and [in a] timely [manner]. It helps us to see projected labor dollars quickly and easily, it saves us from having a ton of paper employee files, and it gives us the security of knowing that the paperwork is being done on time and correctly.
- Makes it easy to see when I-9s are due and to see when any information is outstanding.
- Generates labor dollar numbers as soon as the schedule is entered. It also makes the manager approve a schedule that is outside of the thresholds that they should be in.
- Makes it easy to get a message out to all of our staff.
- Our staff has had some trouble with the schedule feature. They are used to just entering information into a spreadsheet and they say that entering it into PeopleMatter is a little more time consuming.
Read Mallory Knecht's full review
I imagine that PeopleMatter would be a great solution for any company that has over 50 employees.
September 30, 2015
PeopleMatter is used as an applicant tracking and onboarding tool across our organization. It has streamlined our processes and allowed a much more consistent tracking. PeopleMatter Hire incorporates assessment testing, background checks, and the newly required e-verify workflow. LEARN allows us to provide training on the fly to all affected parties even though they are hours away.
- I trust that the PeopleMatter team is current with the federal and state tax, I-9, and e-verify changes. Saving me time and stress.
- In my experience, PeopleMatter consistently addresses the needs of the industries it serves. I feel I am able to voice challenges and to see solutions to help address those challenges in the upgrades.
- By far PeopleMatter's greatest attribute is the talent on the team. The company name described the exceptional service I have experienced as a customer.
- The reporting feature could use some attention. I am currently using a beta version of a reporting function that allows me to customize more reports in Hire and Learn.
- I am new to computer based learning and scorm development so I would love to see some type of training or support in developing courses and being able to test the functionality inside LEARN before launching globally.
- I would love to see performance and time and attendance modules.
Read Cheryl Kelly's full review
Make sure you have a good hierarchy in place. If growth is in your future ask about scalability and how upgrades will affect your current processes. Understand your current workflows. What improvements will be made by moving those workflows to PeopleMatter vs. your current process. Don't forget to consider the tech abilities of your end users. Software can make processes more efficient and can also affect the confidence level of the users -
July 30, 2015
We use PeopleMatter's application and onboarding throughout our entire organization. It helps us all be in the same system. It also makes us ensure we are being compliant with the government needs of our new hire paperwork.
- I love the E-Verify piece that PeopleMatter provides. It is very user friendly and makes me confident things are being done correctly.
- The application process is very easy for both our applicants and our admins.
- We started using PeopleMatter when it had just come online, it had a lot of issues in the past. But they work out the kinks as they go and always take customer feedback very seriously and tweak the system to make it better based on our needs
- PeopleMatter could be better when it comes to recruiting on a corporate and executive level
- The reporting could be a little bit better, they are working on release a new reporting feature so hopefully that will help.
Read Hillary Ulrich's full review
You really need to determine what you want to use the system for and then who your target audience is. For example, PeopleMatter is perfect for restaurant/retail providers but it may not be best for a corporate or higher level company.
February 18, 2015
PeopleMatter is being used by everyone in our organization. PeopleMatter assists in our hiring, onboarding and scheduling of employees - it's a great tool that has been beneficial to us.
Read Denali Swisher's full review
Can you integrate PeopleMatter with systems that you are already using in your business?
July 26, 2016
We are using PeopleMatter for recruitment, hiring, and new hire paperwork at our 37 restaurant locations. The system completely replaces all paper applications and all new hire folders. PeopleMatter allows the corporate office to receive completed paperwork instantly instead of waiting on mailing time and is much more secure than utilizing email to send employment documents.
- PeopleMatter's site very quickly and easily guides users through the workflow created by our team. A hiring manager knows they are complete when all the Onboarding steps have checkmarks.
- PeopleMatter is easily customized. Users can have different employment forms by store, state, or even job role depending on your selections.
- PeopleMatter sends email updates and system pop-ups when they are having processing errors in their system, so you aren't wondering why the site isn't working correctly (with resolution times).
- We have had a few "hiccups" with hiring managers being able to process background checks after an individual has started. Administrators have had no errors. PeopleMatter's helpdesk has been able to resolve the issue or provide a work-around.
Read this authenticated review
PeopleMatter is great for processing new hire paperwork. An employee must complete/review all the necessary forms before proceeding. We don't have to worry about missing a document needing signature or wasting the hiring manager's time reviewing all forms step-by-step to ensure accuracy.
Snag Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Snag (formerly PeopleMatter + Snagajob) is a recruiting and workforce management platform designed to fit the specific needs of service-industry brands. Users can find applicants, hire employees, train workers, schedule teams, and evaluate performance using the Snag platform.
ADP, Paychex, Paylocity, NCR (Aloha), Ultimate Software, PDI, WorkDay, SAP, Lawson
Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
Entry-level set up fee?Required
PeopleMatter is priced per location per month. The pricing is consistent for predictable budgeting and planning – as customers add additional locations, fees increase.
Snag Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||65%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||15%|
Snag Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Snag Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, French (onboarding only)|